INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of simple questions  (Read 612 times)

zender

• Junior Woodchuck
A couple of simple questions
« on: February 06, 2021, 01:03:30 pm »

Hi :)

1) Please see attached screenshot - Let's say that I've searched the word "ROAD" and I found the Neil Young Song that I wanted (As seen in the screenshot). How can I then access the whole album without actively searching again for that specific album?

2) Let's say that while a certain album is playing I wandered off to view other albums and now I want to get back and view the current album info/track in the main display. How do I do that without actively scrolling and finding the cover art to get back to the album info?
I know there's an option to locate it inside the media player, but I want to stay in the covers main display.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: A couple of simple questions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 01:38:57 pm »

Right click, locate, album?

zender

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 01:42:55 pm »

Hi Marko,
The locate option takes me away from the main cover display. I want to stay on it.

wer

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 01:52:15 pm »

Use tabs to wander.

If you wander in the current tab, it has a back button to go back through your history.

And Playing Now in the tree always shows what is Playing Now. You can leave that open in a tab.

zender

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 02:07:07 pm »

OMG, I just realized that there's an option to open tabs  :o
I've been using JRiver for several years and didn't notice that  ;D
I would still prefer to do it on the same tab, if possible

wer

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 02:23:05 pm »

Ok, you're contradicting yourself.

You told Marko you want to stay where you are. You told me you want to wander in the same tab.

Pick one, you don't get both.  :)

Also, consider what I told you about back buttons and Playing Now.  You can also turn on the Linkable Columns feature. (Search for it in Options)  That feature puts a little arrow next to each entry in a file list column, that allows you to cross reference by that field.  And if you use the middle mouse button to click it, it will open in a new tab.

That's it. You'll have to work within that envelope.

Have fun.

zender

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 02:45:30 pm »

I'm probably not explaining myself correctly.

Yes, I want to wander in the same tab but I'm asking if there's a one-click solution that brings me back to the info window of the album that is currently playing. The info window that opens when you click on the cover of an album. Just like the window of the Neil Young track that is in the screenshot.

wer

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 03:30:42 pm »

No.  That is not an info window. It is just your Artist & Album view, where you have clicked on an album. The pane below is the file list. You might use it to start playback, but it is just the album you're looking at, not necessarily what is currently playing.

Again, please look at my previous post.  I don't know what else to tell you, except to repeat myself.

If you wander off a position in a view by 20 clicks, there is no button that magically takes you to a location you imagine in your mind with a single click. Do you know a web browser that works that way?  Navigation works like a browser. You can use the back button, and click it many times (or use the backspace button, or bind a mouse button to the backspace button, like for a browser).  Or you can click on playing now, which is one-click to what is playing now, but it is not the same view as in your screenshot. You can even add a "Playing Now" button to the toolbar, but again, it is not the same position in the view as your screenshot.  Or you can wander in a new tab, which preserves your position in the original tab.  I suggest you use tabs, or learn about Playing Now.

That's it. You'll have to work within that envelope.

zender

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 04:08:05 pm »

Ok, thank you very much for your help

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 04:39:31 am »

...And if you use the middle mouse button to click it, it will open in a new tab.

You learn something every day.
It was worth getting up this morning just to learn that.
Thanks,
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up