INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LYNX L22 MC27 GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 MB Audio Dropout problem  (Read 1267 times)

kwingylee

• Recent member
LYNX L22 MC27 GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 MB Audio Dropout problem
« on: February 27, 2021, 09:04:17 am »

Guys:
I am at a lost with a audio drop out issue between my LYNX L22 sound card and JRiver MC27.
L22 is installed in a GIGABYTE 870A MB. 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD.
L22's digital out is send to external DAC.
L22 is receiving external sync clock: 44.1KHz.
I have been using JRiver since MC teens... very happy with the sound until now.
Problem started when I subscribed to Tidal a month ago. Due to volume fluctuating issues when streaming, Tidal support suggested I upgrade the LYNX L22 firmware.
Idiot me did not record the original firmware version but assume its from 2005 or earlier. I do have the original driver disk the sound card came with.
I upgraded the firmware to version 24c. Since that time, I have been experiencing many drop outs when playing my wav files on JRiver. Meanwhile Tidal is flawless and sound great.
I have since tried all versions of LYNX firmware from 19 onward. They all exhibit the drop out issue.
I have also played with all LYNX driver options such as exclusivity, different sampling rates. They make the problem worst not better.
I set the power option on my PC (Windows 10) to maximum performance.
I played with the power settings in Bios
I played with different sync clock options: internal, external etc..
I disabled the audio options on the MB.

Nothing help. Note that everything was fine before the LYNX firmware upgrade.

I am looking to the JRiver forum for ideas... I am going to try to play my wave files with other players and see what happens... meanwhile any suggestions are welcome...

kwingylee

• Recent member
Re: LYNX L22 MC27 GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 MB Audio Dropout problem
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 09:10:49 am »

I just played my test file with Windows Media 10. No issues whatsoever going through the same LYNX L22.
Is there a way to reset all MC27 parameters to factory defaults? I did not make too many non-standard changes.... (I think)

kwingylee

• Recent member
Re: LYNX L22 MC27 GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 MB Audio Dropout problem
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 07:38:19 am »

I am still struggling with this.. At this point, I am not sure about simply calling what I am hearing audio drop outs but I am calling it "scratchy and skipping" sounds instead. I have collected the logs for a couple of songs and I do see errors being captured. Who can help me decipher the logs?

kwingylee

• Recent member
Re: LYNX L22 MC27 GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 MB Audio Dropout problem (SOLVED!!)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 08:49:26 am »

Well I don't know why I did not do this earlier..... should have known better since I am using a Windows product...

I completely uninstalled MC27 from my PC and did a fresh install. That appears to have fixed the problem. I am almost done listening to the CD and not one scratch sound at all.
With the LYNX L22 sending a 32 bit 44100KHz data stream off the Digital L&R outputs my system now sounds better than ever for both TIDAL and MC27.
Pages: [1]   Go Up