INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Art Upgrade  (Read 494 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
Album Art Upgrade
« on: February 18, 2021, 07:53:14 pm »

Ever since discovering the command 'Ctrl 3' brings up a very nice full screen album cover, I have been taking a closer look at the quality of such covers, and indeed the resolution thereof. It seems that some (a minority I think) of my album covers are not that high quality. Not really sure why this matters if I am 'just' listening to music, but, hey, why not? Short version: is there a way to isolate all those low resolution album covers so that I can right-click Cover Art > Get from Internet. Sure, I might even go as far as AlbumArtExchange.com, but for now I would just like to upgrade all the low-res images internally via MC's more-than-adequate 'Get from Internet option'. I mean I could go through each album individually, but probably not....

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Art Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 08:02:49 pm »

Sure.

Create a new smartlist, and paste this into the import/export dialog:
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] ([Image Height]=<300 or [Image Width]=<300)
If you don't get good results using the built in retrieval, google will let you search for images by size. You can use that to search for larger images.

Have fun..

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 08:08:09 pm »

Yes, very good...that works. However, can I see the Smartlist files as Album View rather than File View? Over 10,000 of my music files seem to have sub-par album art LOL.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 08:12:22 pm »

Try playing with the List Style menu on the drop down menu of your tab when you're looking at the smartlist.  Or select group by album.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Customize_List_and/or_Thumbnail_View

You can also create a view using those same rules, and add Album as a category, if you really want to get fancy.  But that's not germane to finding files that need tagging.

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 08:16:14 pm »

Got it!! List Style > Album Thumbnails. Thanks so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up