INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some questions and remarks on MC27 as a network player  (Read 504 times)

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
Some questions and remarks on MC27 as a network player
« on: February 21, 2021, 06:33:12 am »

Hi,

I just installed MC27 as a test on my MacBook Air with the new M1 chip, but have some remarks and questions:

Overall the fonts look somehow blurry and unsharp. I switched the font, but it won't change a thing.

MC runs as a UPNP/DLNA player in my set-up. With MC25 I could use the Mac's keyboard's volume control, but can't in MC27. I propably can't find the correct box to tick (it's been a while). Can someone here help me out?

As MC25 wasn't able to play DSD files as a UPNP/DLNA player, I wonder if MC27 can somehow does this without converting the music into PCM. I don't think it can, at least I haven't find anything within the settings, but am propably mistaken.

Using MC as a DLNA/UPNP player, the program needs some time to find the DAC in the network, which is very much ok. But then one can't use the option to start MC with the last look/playlist/album, etc., as this is loaded before MC looks for the network player. Hence the playlist or album that opens up will be played on the computer and not the network player. It would be great to have a solution for this.

Thanks!

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
Re: Some questions and remarks on MC27 as a network player
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 08:02:16 am »

For the blurry text, you could try to go to View -> Size and enable Retina Mode at the bottom

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Some questions and remarks on MC27 as a network player
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 09:12:41 am »

For the blurry text, you could try to go to View -> Size and enable Retina Mode at the bottom

Phantastic! Thanks a lot, that did it. I was looking for something similar in the settings but never in the menue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up