INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: idPi showing No Space Left on tmp Partition Messages  (Read 1208 times)

kadish

• Recent member
  • Lovin' MC9...
idPi showing No Space Left on tmp Partition Messages
« on: February 21, 2021, 10:59:15 am »

I lost power to my iD and now it says there's no space on the /tmp partition.  I'm also not getting the menu prompt when I connect to a monitor w/keyboard and mouse. 

Any way I can get ssh access (vnc access is being refused via network as well) so I can clean up the /tmp partition?

Or is there a way to get ahold of the ID image and re-image the micro SD card that JRiver sent me?

Wheaten

Re: idPi showing No Space Left on tmp Partition Messages
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 04:37:50 am »

you can try to put an empty file called "ssh" in the root of the boot volume. (you can access this by placing the SD card in a normal computer)
This will allow you shell access.

duncan4791

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 12:33:35 pm »

Get a USB SDCard reader. Flash a copy of Raspberry Pi OS to another SDCard. Swap the IdPi SDCard for the Pi OS card and insert the IdPi card into the card reader. Stick the reader into the Pi  and boot up Raspberry OS. You can now access the full Linux directory structure from the Pi with a keyboard and mouse attached. Alternately if you have an other Linux installation stick the USB card reader there and access the IdPi software.

When your done fixing the IdPi card make a .img copy using any SDCard reader/writer software you have.

The IdPi supports VNC server, install the VNC Viewer on a Windows or Mac PC and remote into the IdPi.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 05:41:01 pm »

I lost power to my iD and now it says there's no space on the /tmp partition.  I'm also not getting the menu prompt when I connect to a monitor w/keyboard and mouse. 

Any way I can get ssh access (vnc access is being refused via network as well) so I can clean up the /tmp partition?

Or is there a way to get ahold of the ID image and re-image the micro SD card that JRiver sent me?
It sounds like the card is corrupted. If you send it back we will re-image it for you.
Contact deanna (at) jriver (dot) com.
Pages: [1]   Go Up