INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I do not want MC to include my iTunes folder . . .  (Read 465 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
I do not want MC to include my iTunes folder . . .
« on: February 22, 2021, 10:47:24 am »

This a a question cut-and-pasted from another thread, with another question, which was solved by a suggestion from HaWi (thanks).
I’m on an iMac, latest version of Big Sur, using the latest version of MC.

After having had to reorganizing my MC structure a bit, things are again up and working, but:
Under Files/Users/MyName/Music (tree section) , I have now located my "new" JR folder. Problem is, that sorted under "Music" is also my "iTunes" folder, which content has now been included in my MC27 (see attachment). This makes me ending up with a few duplicates.

To put it short: I want MC to point only to the folder named «JRiver Original».

Could I safely delete the "iTunes" folder from the tree, or would that delete my iTunes library as well? (Which I don't believe will happen, but I'd like to be sure.)
I’m sorry if the screen shot appears blown up also this time.

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I do not want MC to include my iTunes folder . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 11:11:03 am »

Yes, I believe you can delete the folder from your MC library but be careful. When you <right-click> the folder you can select Delete from the contextual menu, then choose the first of three option <Delete from Library>. Make absolutely sure that this one is selected. If you then <Left-Click> Delete from the menu the folder will be deleted from the library but the actual media files will remain at their original location. I'd  suggest to physically move them to another location where thy won't interfere with MC. Also remember that you can Undo in the Edit menu if you make a mistake.
Edit: Having re-read your post (I was typing my answer while you were moving it) I'd suggest the following after you delete the iTunes folder from your MC library:
Using File/Copy/Move (F6) you can specify on the top selection item, where MC should point the library to select media files. In the top submenu select "Update database to point to new location (no file rename, move or copy)"  and select  the 'JRiver Original' folder in the Base Path submenu.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

stefano_mbp

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: I do not want MC to include my iTunes folder . . .
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 11:45:55 am »

I want MC to point only to the folder named «JRiver Original

... just select the folder in library import settings
Pages: [1]   Go Up