INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with "info" overlay on JRemote  (Read 654 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Problem with "info" overlay on JRemote
« on: February 27, 2021, 08:50:49 am »

I think this bug appeared in the latest JRemote (3.35). When you invoke the "info" overlay by tapping the circled "i" in the upper right when viewing either a list of songs (e.g. the contents of an album) or the current "playing now", there is a column in the middle of the screen with a circled "i" for each song in the list. Previously you could tap on a song's circled "i" and you'd get the info for that song. At least on iPad, this latter op no longer works: tapping on a song's "i" is now exactly like tapping in the song itself. When viewing a song list, it's an "+1" or "play now" etc., per current configuration. When viewing the "playing  now" list, tapping on a song's "i" plays that song immediately.

I'm pretty sure this is new for JRemote 3.35. IPad 8th gen, iPadOS 14.4. Happens in both portrait and landscape mode.

Updated with screen shot; the column of circled "i"s in the middle of the screen - one per song - is the problem.

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with "info" overlay on JRemote
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 10:25:56 am »

Hmm, I am trying to reproduce this but I find things differently on my iPad.
When I view a list of tracks (like a Pane View) there is no circled "i" anywhere but a ">" on the right of every track. When I tap that I get a single track view with the "i" on the top right. Tapping that "i" gives me the track metadata list.
When I view a Playlist I do  have the "i" on the top right and when tapped shows the metadata of the first track in the list. When I tap a track, the Playlist starts playing and there is no way for me to get to the track metadata of the playing song, at best, I get info on the first track in the list.
EDIT: On the iPhone, I can bring up the playing track in portrait view by tapping on it and then I can get to metadata through the "i" on the top. This tapping on the playing song on the bottom does not work on the iPad.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 2739
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 3792
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4 | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 9345
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.25 64 bit): 1415
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

David593

• Recent member
Re: Problem with "info" overlay on JRemote
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 11:02:25 am »

See JRemote posts above. This release has broken the ‘i’ functionality completely. You can’t see information about a file /series/ played history as pressing it just plays the file. I posted weeks ago as have others.

I’ve got 8TB of films and tv series so this is a HUGE problem for me - try working out where you got in a series when you can’t see any information 🙄
Pages: [1]   Go Up