INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise floor in TheaterView  (Read 247 times)

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Noise floor in TheaterView
« on: February 27, 2021, 01:33:42 pm »

In the living room I have a Yoga 2 Pro tablet for media center. I only use this for music playback. No other application is installed.
In the Theater View, the fan turns so high that the noise is annoying with soft music. I then have to switch to the standard view so that the computer can cool down again.

I've already reported the problem in connection with a Surface Pro 5. The GPU utilization in the Theater View is even greater there. It goes against 100% although a static picture is shown on the screen and the time display only changes every minute. I couldn't find or adjust the graphics quality settings and refresh rates mentioned by Jim.

Both the Yoga 2 Pro and the Surface Pro 5 use Intel graphics.
But my desktop computer with NVidia Geforce GTX1660 also has a GPU load of 40% when Theater View is active. In this computer some fans are spinning all the time anyway. The additional load is hardly noticeable here.

In the old days, the noise floor of analog amplifiers used to be the problem. Now that this has been solved, noisy computers destroy the dynamics range again.
Is there no solution to make the graphics in the Theater View more efficient? Any Laptop used for MediaCenter will fight with the same problem when running TheaterView. And not running TheaterView is a pitty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up