INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird behavior when ripping CDs  (Read 385 times)

macdonjh

• Citizen of the Universe
Weird behavior when ripping CDs
« on: March 15, 2021, 09:32:59 pm »

I'm ripping several CDs tonight.  I've been getting really weird behavior.

First, after the rip was done, I closed the rip log.  Then I installed the next CD and let MC read it.  Then I clicked Tools->Rip Disc.  I was told no disc is inserted.  Then I was told the disc had already been ripped, did I want to rip it again?  Sometimes I could close the action window and click Tools->Rip Disc again and the rip would start.  Sometimes not.  A couple of times I had to shut down MC and restart it to get the disc to finally rip.

Any ideas?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Weird behavior when ripping CDs
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 02:11:04 pm »

I'm ripping several CDs tonight.  I've been getting really weird behavior.

First, after the rip was done, I closed the rip log.  Then I installed the next CD and let MC read it.  Then I clicked Tools->Rip Disc.  I was told no disc is inserted.  Then I was told the disc had already been ripped, did I want to rip it again?  Sometimes I could close the action window and click Tools->Rip Disc again and the rip would start.  Sometimes not.  A couple of times I had to shut down MC and restart it to get the disc to finally rip.

Any ideas?
This is generally caused by interference by Music/iTunes in the disc recognition process.
If you go to System Preferences -> CD and DVDs
and check the action upon CD insertion to either Media Center 27 or Ignore that should help.
There was also a startup item under Users in System Preferences called iTunesHelper that you might want to disable as well if you have it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up