INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reset to initial settings (default) Mac Catalina 27.0.66  (Read 543 times)

AGAWA

• World Citizen
Reset to initial settings (default) Mac Catalina 27.0.66
« on: March 16, 2021, 11:15:05 am »

Drawing conclusions from my failure to setup MC 27 on Mac today ( I lost File Types in Options and couldn't get them back) it would be nice to have possibility to revert all settings to initial (default) values.
Trying to reset them I have totally uninstalled MC after one hour and lost my 30 days trial.
Option of Extending Trial by 45 days after reinstalling software didn't work, although I followed instractions. After clicking EXTEND it is not possible to click DONE as the box disappears.

Cheers

AGAWA

• World Citizen
Re: Reset to initial settings (default) Mac Catalina 27.0.66
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 11:39:31 am »

update

MC Mac Intel 27.0.62

But restoring initial settings would be nice in any version. (For starters)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 01:49:34 pm »

Would you mind clarifying this?
When you say you "lost your file types in options", what Options?
If you are talking about file type associations, here is the top result when I google that. Seems pretty straightforward.
https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/how-to-manage-file-associations-in-macos/

AGAWA

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 02:31:17 pm »

In MC:
Tools -> Options -> File Types

At first I have changed several items , in order to focus my trial on  SACD .ISO only.
And above  "File Types" disappeared from the menu.

Could not revert to have it back and not knowing how to reset to initial settings I uninstalled completely MC , also from Library -> Application Support to have clean install, but it proved to cancel my 30 days trial.

In the meantime I'm doing great progress under Windows;
Playing SACD .ISO MCH (downmix from 5.1 to 4.0) processed at 4ch 96 k to My Apogee Duet.

My goal was to run MC on Mac, but I have lost my 30 days of trial and "Extend Trial" function is not working.

Would be nice for beginners to have an option of resetting everything to initial state (right after install)

Cheers

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 03:42:39 pm »

You must have seen the File Types option on a PC, it doesn't exist on Mac.
Took a quick look to see what it would take to add it, the main issue is that the File Association checkbox won't do anything on Mac as that code hasn't been written yet. (the Mac handles File associations in a completely different way than windows).

AGAWA

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 02:56:55 am »

I had a short impression that "File Type" appeared for a short while and then disappeared forever. But I can be wrong. Impressions.

Back to my initial plea - how can I reinstall trial MC27 to confirm that I will be able to achieve my goal?
Can you help me pls?
Pages: [1]   Go Up