INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: deleting duplicates  (Read 448 times)

Lamar Renford

deleting duplicates
« on: March 16, 2021, 04:55:01 pm »

I have been trying to delete duplicates since I had the trial version. I thought that I would have success with the purchased version, but not so. I have followed the instructions for creating a smart list, however when I press F9 as instructed, I don't get the dialogue window to create a smartlist. It just minimizes the screen. I am on a mac book pro with Big Sur. Is there a problem with that OS?

I have not been able to get past this point after numerous tries

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: deleting duplicates
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 05:44:12 pm »

Welcome to the forums.

There's no difference between the trial and purchased versions.

You don't actually need to create a smartlist: one already exists. 

If you look under Smartlists in the Playlists part of the tree, you will find one named "Audio -- Task -- Possible duplicates"
Please use that.

If you don't see a whole much of smartlists with names like that, you've deleted them.  You can recover them by right-clicking (control-click for Mac) on the word "Playlists" in the tree and select "Add Stock Smartlists" from the menu that appears.

Good luck..

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: deleting duplicates
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 04:16:39 pm »

Trying to find and remove duplicates is kind of complex.  The smartlist that is referenced here is a decent start.  But it's really just a simple first pass.  To really dig into duplicates you have to do a lot more.

If your collection is big, you'll want to do a lot more; especially if you have a lot of music that was downloaded or acquired in a way that wasn't structured.

There are a whole lot of details to be considered here.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up