INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 v2.3.1 update  (Read 1083 times)

dcconde

JRemote2 v2.3.1 update
« on: March 18, 2021, 07:15:04 am »

Hello!
After updating Jremote2 to version 2.3.1. connecting to a Chromecast device makes the app to instantly close. Although the file plays, I cannot control the stream anymore. When I reopen the app there is nothing on the playnow list. Can anyone help as I use Jremote2 mainly to cast to Chromecast speakers and is now useless. Everything was working simply fine prior to this update…

tommat

• Recent member
Re: JRemote2 v2.3.1 update
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 08:36:48 am »

I've just logged (I think) the same problem.

tommat

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 10:38:49 am »

Just in case you miss it, the solution is to use BubbleUPnP. markf2748 suggested it in a reply to the thread headed "JRemote casting problem".

dcconde

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 02:14:03 pm »

Just in case you miss it, the solution is to use BubbleUPnP. markf2748 suggested it in a reply to the thread headed "JRemote casting problem".

Unfortunately, some chromecast devices (as speakers) wont work using BubbleUPnP. Can configure everything, but wont play. I have some chromecast III connected to tvs that work just fine, and some chromecast speakers that dont...

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 08:02:27 pm »

Unfortunately, some chromecast devices (as speakers) wont work using BubbleUPnP. Can configure everything, but wont play. I have some chromecast III connected to tvs that work just fine, and some chromecast speakers that dont...
Does the Google Home app on your phone cast to your chromecast speakers ok?  If so, you can have JRemote2/BubbleUPnP send a DLNA stream to your phone, then try Google Home on your phone to cast to speakers.  A clumsy work around, but it did succeed with my Chromecast Audio dongle in a test.  Playback was still controlled by JRemote2.

Another option to try (which also works nicely for my Chromecast Audio dongles): 
1) Use latest BubbleUPnP Android app as your remote music player instead of JRemote2.  Select JRiver MC server as its library and then More > Select Renderer to choose speakers. 
2) Set up JR MC to serve your desired views through its Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA Servers ... > Generic DLNA > Customize views...   
3) Use Google Home Android app to verify what's playing and confirm volume level. 

If nothing works, try support at https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver2/docs/support.html.

Pages: [1]   Go Up