INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I use WIFI enabled remote speaker with MC  (Read 1471 times)

ohohyodasoda

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Can I use WIFI enabled remote speaker with MC
« on: March 19, 2021, 06:43:36 pm »

I have been a MC user from the very beginning.  That said I am now 73 and have not kept pace with the progress of all the wonderful features of MC so please forgive me if my question is of the novice level.

I am currently using MC25 on a W7 desktop computer.  My computer is presently connected to an analog stereo system via the analog output of my computer sound card.

I have discovered that small remote speakers that have WIFI capability are now being sold.

1.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe MC is capable of streaming music onto my local hard wired home network?

2.  So my question is, assuming I set up MC25 to stream music onto my local home network,  would most any wifi capable stand alone remote speaker be able to receive what MC25 sends onto my local network via a wifi signal from my local home wifi router?

And just to clarify, I would be just playing playlists that I have made in MC25 and letting them run.  I would be controlling MC25 from my desktop computer.

Thanks in advance for all of your great advice.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: Can I use WIFI enabled remote speaker with MC
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 04:44:38 pm »

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe MC is capable of streaming music onto my local hard wired home network?

Yes absolutely, network streaming as opposed to local connection via soundcard or HDMI, is achieved in MC through DLNA. It can be quite daunting but is explained very well in the Wiki here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA  Most of the configuration items are under Tools -> Options -> Media Network

So my question is, assuming I set up MC25 to stream music onto my local home network,  would most any wifi capable stand alone remote speaker be able to receive what MC25 sends onto my local network via a wifi signal from my local home wifi router?

That is dependent on the capability of the speaker and whether it is DLNA enabled; and if it is MC fully supports playing to it like any other connected system. What is the speaker make and model?

Cheers

ohohyodasoda

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Can I use WIFI enabled remote speaker with MC
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 11:22:27 pm »

Thanks for your help.  I purchased a Hitachi W200 wifi speaker and I have it up and running.  However I am having a synchronization problem between the DLNA stream and the analog audio output from my computer that feeds my analog Pioneer Stereo system.  I have posted a new posting here with a detailed explanation of what I am observing.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129034.0.html

I hope someone can help me because at this point I cant listen to both the wifi and the analog simultaneously due to the delay that gets progressively worse as each subsequent track starts..
Pages: [1]   Go Up