INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing options on Remote Control Setup page on Raspberry Pi 3, MC27  (Read 1628 times)

whudson

I'm trying to use a IRMAN receiver connected to ttyS0 on a raspberry pi 3 running MC27 and Debian Buster.  On the remote Control Setup page (Tools > Options > Remote Control) the only choice offered is Engen PlayPower.  On an MC27 Windows 10 installation the same page offers choices for Media Center Transceiver Remote Relay, Commands, Devices & Options (which has a selection for IRMAN), and PlayPower.  Do I have to make a change in my linux configuration to get the Devices & Options selection to appear on Remote Control Setup?  I have enabled the serial port (enable_uart=1) in /boot/config.txt and disabled the console (removed console=serial0,115200) in /boot/cmdline.txt.  Is there some change in MC27 I have to make?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing options on Remote Control Setup page on Raspberry Pi 3, MC27
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 11:06:05 am »

I'm trying to use a IRMAN receiver connected to ttyS0 on a raspberry pi 3 running MC27 and Debian Buster.  On the remote Control Setup page (Tools > Options > Remote Control) the only choice offered is Engen PlayPower.  On an MC27 Windows 10 installation the same page offers choices for Media Center Transceiver Remote Relay, Commands, Devices & Options (which has a selection for IRMAN), and PlayPower.  Do I have to make a change in my linux configuration to get the Devices & Options selection to appear on Remote Control Setup?  I have enabled the serial port (enable_uart=1) in /boot/config.txt and disabled the console (removed console=serial0,115200) in /boot/cmdline.txt.  Is there some change in MC27 I have to make?
There is no setup to do in MC on linux, it uses the existing remote system which generates XWindows media key events.
You need to get your device to work with the system, in general this means configuring the system to implement it via Lirc.

whudson

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 12:09:56 pm »

Thanks for the advice Bob.  I'm still figuring out the differences between the MC Windows and Linux versions.  I have gotten an ir remote to work using lirc > irexec > curl > MCWS and can now do anything with the remote that I can do with a keyboard or MCC command.  It seems complex but at least it works.  I'm still learning how to navigate MC without a mouse.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 09:23:01 am »

Thanks for the advice Bob.  I'm still figuring out the differences between the MC Windows and Linux versions.  I have gotten an ir remote to work using lirc > irexec > curl > MCWS and can now do anything with the remote that I can do with a keyboard or MCC command.  It seems complex but at least it works.  I'm still learning how to navigate MC without a mouse.
It shouldn't require anything other than lirc to generate the media key codes that MC already looks for for basic functionality.
With new releases on linux you also have an option of using the /usr/lib/jriver/Media Center 27/mc27 executable to send MCC commands to the running MC without using curl as you would in windows with mc27.exe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up