INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Settings problem, one enhancement for JRemote 3.36  (Read 552 times)

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Settings problem, one enhancement for JRemote 3.36
« on: March 24, 2021, 10:05:05 am »

Thanks for the recent fixes in JRemote 3.36!  It's nice to have the info(i) button functional again.

I have a weird hiccup to report using JRemote 3.36 on an iPad Pro with iPadOS 14.4.1.  The JRemote settings "Autoconnect to last server on launch" and "Server follows app zone changes" seem to be linked to one another, at least through an app restart.  Let me describe...

Upon JRemote startup, go to settings and make the following changes:
  • Toggle the autoconnect on
  • Ensure that "server follows" is off
  • Close the settings dialog, then kill and restart JRemote
Following the restart, returning to the settings I find both "autoconnect" and "server follows zone" enabled.

If I then disable the "server follows" option, close the dialog, stop JRemote and start up again, it then doesn't autoconnect!  Going into the settings dialog, both "autoconnect" and "server follows zone" are disabled, even though I only changed one of them.

Are those two settings independent or is there some coupling between them that I'm overlooking?

Finally, I do have what I hope is a reasonable feature enhancement...

When navigating through views within JRemote, it obviously applies its current setting for "Default view mode", i.e. List, Imagelist, or Thumbnails. 

The app appears to remember when the view within a particular folder (for lack of a better term) has been changed.  For instance, within Audio, I have a Classical choice that shows music from a different drive folder, organized by composer name.  That top-level is just a long list of composers, so List is a better choice than Thumbnails.  I can change the View for that Classical section, and still have the default Albums showing up as Thumbnails.  Switching back and forth works fine -- the View selection is persistent. 

Those View choices get lost, though, upon JRemote restarting.

Is it possible to save the View overrides that get made in the course of running as part of JRemote's settings, such that they persist through app restarts?

Thanks again for continuing to work on JRemote!
  Matt

Pages: [1]   Go Up