INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 casting problem  (Read 712 times)

tommat

• Recent member
JRemote2 casting problem
« on: March 29, 2021, 12:08:56 pm »

I've been using JRemote2 (currently 2.3.1) on Android with MC25 on Windows for 9 months without issue. Ten days ago I upgraded to MC27 (27.0.66) and now am unable to cast from JRemote.

The sequence is:
1 Open JRemote2 on Android phone
2 Cast to speaker
3 Select audio track and play
4 JRemote 2 screen closes and the cast audio track starts playing. JRemote has not closed - it is still open but is completely blank. Closing it does not interrupt casting, which continues playing.

Gizmo casts correctly, and other apps cast correctly from the phone. At one stage I thought MC25 was still casting correctly, but that now fails as well. JRiver plays as normal through the media PC which feeds amplifiers through its soundcard.

Things I've tried:
1 uninstalling and reinstalling JRemote2 (it cast correctly the first time it was tried and then started to fail again as above)
2 running JRemote2 from a different Android phone and from an Android tablet
3 uninstalling and reinstalling JRiver 25, 26, 27
4 running the JRiver versions as stand-alone installations
5 running the JRiver versions on a different Windows PC (both PCs are on W10 Version 20H2)

I've not added a log file as I'm guessing the problem is downstream from MC27, but can do if it would be useful.

At the moment I'm out of ideas - suggestions gratefully received :)

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote2 casting problem
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 12:54:19 pm »

4 JRemote 2 screen closes and the cast audio track starts playing. JRemote has not closed - it is still open but is completely blank. Closing it does not interrupt casting, which continues playing.

I see the same problem if I try the JRemote2 cast icon, but frankly I never use the icon.  Instead I run BubbleUPnP server on Win 10 media server (and on Android, but this may not be necessary).

BubbleUPnP runs in the background, making my two Google Chromecast Audio dongles appear as DLNA renderers to JRiver MC.  Then there is no need to "cast" explicitly.  Works great. Currently on Windows 10 JRiver MC 27.0.66 and JRemote2 2.3.1-api21.

Further Note:  After I tried the cast button again today, the JRemote2 app got into a weird state where it immediately crashed whenever I tried to connect to any server.  I had to uninstall / reinstall from Google Play Store to get things functioning again :(

tommat

• Recent member
Re: JRemote2 casting problem
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 10:34:14 am »

Brilliant idea, markf2748. That works.  :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up