INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difficulties with Mp3 tags and MC - SOLVED  (Read 508 times)

ratmice

• Recent member
Difficulties with Mp3 tags and MC - SOLVED
« on: April 02, 2021, 04:13:19 pm »

So, I have been having issues with tags in MP3 files not interacting with MC27 as I expect. I am not super familiar with the nuances of tagging, so the problem is likely mine.

The first picture is what I get when importing a few test files, I am showing the library display on the right with a tag dump on the left. Here, it appears that the album artist sorting info is saves to TSO2. However, the field I am displaying, Album Artist (sort) is empty after import.

The next picture depicts the state of things if I add the tag manually in MC27. It appears to save it to a custom field (TXXX).

The last picture shows how things look after adding a FLAC file to the mix. They work just fine. The info from the album artist sort field in the files is imported and displayed in the library correctly, and updating via the library tools works, as well.

Additional info:

• using library tools to update MP3s from tags, or update from library, do nothing in regards to the field in question. Not surprising as they are using different fields
• I'm not 100% sure where the field 'Album Artist (sort)' came from, I assume I created it years ago.
• In Tools > Options > Library & Folders > manage Library Fields, I also see there are 2 versions of 'SORT ALBUM ARTIST' both identical. In the tag dump they are both empty.

So, is there a way to get the TS02 field to be used correctly, or at least to clean up what going on here to allow sorting by Album Artist to work correctly with MP3s? I really would like the library tools that update tags, or the library, to work, but I'm just not able to do it myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ratmice

• Recent member
Re: Difficulties with Mp3 tags and MC
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 08:32:58 pm »

After hours of trial and error, I have hit upon the cure. The field name (Album Artist Sort) is not the same as the iD3 tag name that is used (ALBUMARTISTSORT). Not very intuitive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up