INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to indicate "not equals" in View Scheme?  (Read 1345 times)

Swordsman

• Recent member
  • There can be only one...
How to indicate "not equals" in View Scheme?
« on: January 15, 2003, 01:02:06 pm »

Hi all,
  I tried searching the forums and the FAQ and user guide, but I couldn't find anywhere that told me how to implement a "not equals" condition in the "Search Criteria" section when creating a new View Scheme.  Here's what I'm trying to do:

I frequently add to my music collection, and need a way to differentiate what I have already completed tagging, and what is waiting to be completed.  I decided I would enter a comment of "ok" when I finished tagging the file.  That View Scheme is easy: comment="ok".  But how can I get another View Scheme to show everything that does NOT have "ok" for a comment?  I tried comment!="ok" and comment<>"ok" - neither worked.

What am I missing - or is this type of thing not allowed?

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to indicate "not equals" in View Scheme?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 02:27:07 pm »

Maybe try -comment="ok".

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 06:30:21 pm »

You do mean Smartlist...not View Scheme (Comment is not shown in the Component Type list). 'Sauce's solution works for Smartlists. For all string manipulation options ( in v8 ), bring up MJ help and look for Search Modifiers.

10-27

RemyJ

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 08:02:17 pm »

You do mean Smartlist...not View Scheme (Comment is not shown in the Component Type list). 'Sauce's solution works for Smartlists. For all string manipulation options ( in v8 ), bring up MJ help and look for Search Modifiers.

10-27

View Schemes have the ability to specifiy search/filter criteria just like smartlists.  The field doesn't have to be one of the componet types.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 08:11:44 pm »

I haven't seen that. It insists on there being at least one Component present (and Comment isn't available). It will not accept a search string only.

10-27

Swordsman

• Recent member
  • There can be only one...
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2003, 05:35:47 am »

Rocketsauce -- that worked perfectly - thanks dood!!!  ;D

Xen-uno - you are correct - you can't have JUST a search criteria.  What I did to get around that was choose "Location" in that list and pointed it to my "Albums" directory.  Then, in the "Search Criteria" box, I entered Rocketsauce's suggestion -comment="ok" and now my View Scheme only shows those files which do NOT have "ok" as a comment - perfect!!

Thanks for your help, all!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up