INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC27 handheld sync issues  (Read 768 times)

Nicco__

MC27 handheld sync issues
« on: April 05, 2021, 05:20:01 am »

Hi Everybody!

I use mc27 mainly to sync my library to a microsd that I use with my Fiio M6.
Most of the times I update the library and do the synchronization with the microsd, MC27 does not recognize the card and says that it has never been synchronized (Last sync: never synced).
Sometimes, clicking on "recheck sync" still recognizes the existing files and adds only the new ones.
But other times it doesn't recognize anything and I have to resynchronize everything all over again (over 200gb, so many hours of work).

Anyone else have the same problem? Solutions?

Thanks a lot

I use an Asus notebook (vivobook 15)
Windows 10 64-bit
JRiver MC 27.0.79
microSD Samsung EVO 512gb

dembow

• Recent member
Re: MC27 handheld sync issues
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 01:18:51 pm »

I have a similar issue when syncing some 200GB of music with my Galaxy S21 Ultra. Worst of all, it regularly terminates the sync (at 15-30% sometimes 50%) and then re-detects the phone only to start syncing everything again. Same as you, it shows it never synced. Lots of hours lost syncing without success.

Then I tested syncing with only a few playlists. Everything came through fine, didn't fail or anything, but the next time I connected the phone, it started syncing the same songs even though there were no changes made to the playlist. Not ideal if you want to sync your entire music library.

I hate to say it, but I really wish it worked like iTunes where it would detect changes and sync only what's needed, like tags or album art, update the play count, etc. Most of all, that it doesn't fail while syncing. JRiver literally needs to copy files from one drive to another. If File Explorer can do it without failing, surely this program can too. Fingers crossed that syncing improves in the future updates, but as it stands I'm not ready to lose my 200GB music from the phone just yet.

mvandyke

• World Citizen
Re: MC27 handheld sync issues
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 03:27:31 pm »

I have a Fiio M7 that has also been inconsistent with JRiver. 

My solution has been to remove the SD Card from the handheld device and synch JRiver directly to it rather than through the handheld device.  Seems to work every time now.

Good Luck.

Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up