INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.143 available here  (Read 11032 times)

nila

Re: Media Center 9.0.143 available here
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2003, 12:40:04 pm »

Add my agreeance on the date features.

Personally think you should fix them as they're a BIG part of MJ9's new features and one of the biggest things to the users that will make a lot of new features over 8.

Especially seeing as you guys are directly trying to compete against WMP9 etc and WMP even offering to remember 'favourite tracks played in the evening' etc. It's offering to give that advanced date features and you guys are considering removing any date features you had that could try to compete at all.

A big press release or whatever you have lined up is great, but a big release with bad reviews against the competition is no good at all. Its worth missing a big release date to wait for a smaller release with better reviews.

Also, I know it's late and no more features etc are being added but I just spotted this one in WMP and I cant imagine it'd be too hard to add.

- Inserted a CD and the cd lookup failed as it was home burnt from mp3's. It then gave me an option to search for the CD by title or artist so I can then simply type in the artist name and it returns all the albums by this artist so I can specify which one my cd is and it fills in the track info saving me from having to write it in manually for home burnt cd's made from mp3's. A HUGELY useful time saving feature - definitely worth putting into MJ, if even at the worst saving it for v9.1

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2003, 10:29:17 pm »

Repeatable crash in .143

Create two libraries, each with images.

Start MC9 using Lib A, view thumbnails of images.

"File / Library / Lib B"

Start slideshow and watch a few, full-screen.

Hit Esc to return to MC.

"File / Library / Lib A"

Kaboom...

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2003, 10:43:36 pm »

Please, bitte, AUB, SVP, kudasai, por favor...

Can "Multiple Artists" grouping be disabled when the list is populated with Images? It has no meaning in this situation, it obfuscates information, and it cripples the Artist/Album grouping feature for images.

MarkCoutinho

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2003, 12:16:38 am »

Sorry Matt: your fixing didn't do the trick: still this quite annoying bug:

It happens regularly that when I pause (not stop, but pause) a song and some time later (not withing 5 seconds - that's no problem; more like 1 minute or more) I want to play it again, MC just freezes. Getting rid of this freezed MC isn't easy either: the way I do it is by rightclicking the MC-icon in the taskbar and choosing Close. This I have to do THREE times before it actually closes.
It happens at least on my W2K-p.c.; I'm not sure about my XP-computer since your fix in version 141.

Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2003, 05:15:18 am »

I haven't seen this posted anywhere...

You should really rename the executable to Media Center.exe instead of Media Jukebox.exe like it still is...

-smackbadger

Already posted that several times with no results ;D
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1048875530

Raist

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2003, 05:59:34 am »

...and get rid of the space between Media and Center which could cause problems on W9x machines (and others..who knows...it is surely non-standard naming for an exe).

10-27

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2003, 08:13:26 am »

I think there is a huge memory leak with Audio Analysis. I tried to reanalys all my mp3s by selecting skip analyzed files and then clicking on Analyze. Media Center grew in memory use to 873M at which point I had to kill it to get my system to do anything reasonable.

Media Center Registered 9.0.143 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1535 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 781 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

nila

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2003, 08:55:39 am »

Showstopper
Highlighted search text is illegible using the new skin (probably on the rest too).

ZRocker

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2003, 11:10:47 am »

Bugs:
1. Using MC's drag-and-drop support in My Computer to move files (can't copy...yet), MC is changing the last modification timestamp of every file moved.  This is not 'right'...Windows Explorer doesn't modify last modification timestamps when you move or copy files.  NOTE:  Only Id3v1 tags are enabled...v2 are disabled and the files in question didn't have v2 tags anyways.

2. When renaming files (via Rename Files From Properties usually), MC is changing the last modification timestamp of files...this should not happen either.  Again, I just renamed the files...I did not change any tag data.

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2003, 11:40:07 am »

I had posted this bug in a separate thread but now believe it is a huge problem as tag meta data is ballooning.  

On a track that has MusicMatch JukeBox tags (written using MC), make a change to a tag (ie, Artist) then do a Rename File From Properties and the MMJB tags are duplicated numerous times.  See example below:

MPEG-1 Layer 3
320 Kbit CBR
44.1 Khz Stereo

Copyrighted: No
Original: Yes
Protected by CRC: No

ID3v1 Tag: (128 bytes)
  Name: December 1963 (Oh What A Night
  Artist: Franki Valli, Four Seasons
  Album: 18 Disco Superhits
  Year: 1996
  Comment:
  Track #: 8
  Genre: Disco (4)

ID3v2 Tag: (1872 bytes)
 COMM (MusicMatch_Tempo): Fast
 COMM (MusicMatch_Preference): Fair
 COMM (MusicMatch_Mood): Upbeat
 TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Solo..): Franki Valli, Four Seasons
 TRCK (Track number/Position ..): 8
 TBPM (BPM (beats per minute)): 104
 TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): 18 Disco Superhits
 TIT2 (Title/songname/content..): December 1963 (Oh What A Night)
 TCON (Content type): Disco
 TYER (Year): 1996
 COMM (Comments):
 COMM (Tool Name): Media Center
 COMM (Tool Version): 9.0.143
 COMM (Replay Gain): -9.09518
 COMM (Peak Level): 0.95862
 COMM (Intensity): 2

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2003, 12:23:21 pm »

When I attempt to play any WMA file I get the following Error dialog: "Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file. Windows Media Error: 0xc00D0029."  

This error only occures when trying to play these files from the server on another computer.  

Despite some theories that this is linked to DRM being activated in the WMA files when I raised this issue in a separate thread, this does not appear to be the case. I have no problem playing them with Windows Media Player, Musicmatch Jukebox, Media Jukebox and even prior versions of Media Center (e.g. prior to 9.0.130).  

I believe this is a bug in how the Media Center client/server system handles playing WMA files.

SteveG

« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2003, 01:48:23 pm »

ZRocker,

In regards to the Handheld stuff...

I cannot replicate items 1, 2 and 3. This may be a hardware issue. I will test with some more players, but I tried two and everything worked well.

In regards to item 5, I think the message does what it should, which is report that there is a problem until it is resolved. After you see the message, you can delete files from the queue and make the problem go away without seeing the box reappear.  If you still feel strongly about this, this is an easy change.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up