INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id Pi Won't Boot - Failed To Start Samba NMB Deamon  (Read 1370 times)

jsolo53

• Recent member
Id Pi Won't Boot - Failed To Start Samba NMB Deamon
« on: April 10, 2021, 04:31:15 pm »

Received my Id Pi today.  Slid it into a new RPi 4.  Had it running for a while playing files from my HTPC and driving the headphone jack of the RPi 4.  Upgraded MC on the HTPC today to the latest download.  Back at the Pi, was trying out headless operation and Panel.  Did a restart and now I get "Failed to Start Samba NMB Daemon" error with every boot.  All the other Samba's load OK.  Earlier today Samba NMB did too.

So what's gone wrong???

The Pi is connected to the internet via wired ethernet.  Green and yellow lights at the ethernet jack both light up and green blinks.

jsolo53

• Recent member
Re: Id Pi Won't Boot - Failed To Start Samba NMB Deamon
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 02:50:53 pm »

Thought I'd add some info.  After the Failed to Start Samba NMB Daemen, boot stops and the next screen suggests "see systemct1 status nmbd.service"

And there is one other line that fails to load:  Failed Check for Raspberry Pi  Eprom updates.  The Pi does continue booting after that one.

Finally, there was one time the Pi lost power before the Id was shut down - did that corrupt something on the mSD.

Would greatly appreciate some attention to this.  Thanks in advance.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 06:03:06 pm »

Thought I'd add some info.  After the Failed to Start Samba NMB Daemen, boot stops and the next screen suggests "see systemct1 status nmbd.service"

And there is one other line that fails to load:  Failed Check for Raspberry Pi  Eprom updates.  The Pi does continue booting after that one.

Finally, there was one time the Pi lost power before the Id was shut down - did that corrupt something on the mSD.

Would greatly appreciate some attention to this.  Thanks in advance.
Does it finish booting after that?
Have you changed the name of the Id? (from the main menu)?

jsolo53

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 06:37:52 pm »

No, does not finish booting.  Have not changed the name.
Pages: [1]   Go Up