INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDMI signal from Id is lost once Marantz receiver input is changed  (Read 1766 times)

mosser

• Recent member

Hi, don't know if it's an ARC issue or what...please help?

I had a setup with QNAP NAS > laptop with JRiver > receiver and it never lost the HDMI signal to the receiver.  Now trying to install the Id, using the same HDMI cable and input to the receiver, it displays to the receiver/TV fine until the latter is powered down or the receiver input is changed to something else (like phono).  Then the receiver can't "see" the Id again back in its designated input channel.  I have to reboot the Id and then it sees the receiver/TV fine again.  Why the drop?

Receiver is a Marantz SR5015.  TV is LG CX model.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HDMI signal from Id is lost when Marantz receiver is powered down
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 08:02:56 am »

I have a similar setup for my Id, can't check it right now but IIRC, I needed to shutoff the TV/AMP communication for shutdown.
I think that shutdown breaks the EDID negotiation which only happens again on reboot of the Id.

mosser

• Recent member
Re: HDMI signal from Id is lost once Marantz receiver input is changed
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 03:47:30 pm »

Hi,

I'm still experiencing the issue with the Id's signal to the receiver being dropped.  It happens every time I simply change inputs on the receiver (to phono, to Roku, etc.)...when I change it back the screen says "No Signal" and tells me to check the cable and the connection, but those are both fine.  I'm using the same cable/input as when I had my laptop hooked up, and I tested another HDMI cable just to be sure.

The high-end retailer that sold me the Marantz thought it may have to do with HDCP and the Id trying to protect potentially copyrighted material from being played.  However, that doesn't explain why a reboot makes the connection work perfectly.

I checked the receiver's HDCP setup options and individually set the Id's input to HDMI 1.4, then 2.3, then Auto - to no avail.  All the other devices are set to Auto and work fine.  In the Input Assign settings the Id channel is set to receive its signal via HDMI.

Seems like someone with basically the exact same components/setup as me had the same issue in this thread that doesn't seem to have been resolved: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128180.0.html

Please help!  I don't want to have to reboot the Id every time I want to use it...it goes against its "always-on" raison d'etre! 

mosser

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 08:20:34 pm »

Just an update - I found that if I pause the track that is playing in JRiver before powering down the receiver and TV, I can keep the signal chain intact.  I just need to resume playing the track from the pause position once I turn the receiver and TV back on again.  In case anyone cares...

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 05:01:57 pm »

Just an update - I found that if I pause the track that is playing in JRiver before powering down the receiver and TV, I can keep the signal chain intact.  I just need to resume playing the track from the pause position once I turn the receiver and TV back on again.  In case anyone cares...

HMMM, that's interesting.
The audio channel isn't closed until stop, that's probably why the link stays enabled. In fact hitting pause is still sending data, just silence.
I thought that if gapless track transitions were enabled you have to hit stop twice to close the audio channel so maybe it requires sending silence.
I don't have this issue with my Sony amp, not sure why. I can toggle through the inputs without disturbing the HDMI link negotiation to the Id.
Pages: [1]   Go Up