INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio 'Skipping' in Playback  (Read 1600 times)

chrisgreen

• World Citizen
Audio 'Skipping' in Playback
« on: April 15, 2021, 09:03:15 am »

I have recently noticed a bit of 'skipping' in audio playback. I don't think the hardware has changed in any way. I have added a new router to the network, but that is not involved in the zone that has been skipping the past few days.

The zone in question outputs audio from MC over Firewire to an RME audio interface. From there it goes to a pair of JBL monitors. Pretty simple. Just now I noticed some FLAC files 'skipping' on playback. I opened them in Adobe Audition and played them without skipping over the same hardware. Any thoughts on what is going on with MC?

I am running MC 27.0.62

crashjtm

• Recent member
Re: Audio 'Skipping' in Playback
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 09:01:55 am »

I've been having the same problem for the past few releases.  I am on version 27.0.79 running on a 2015 iMac with macos Big Sur. 

I've been using media center for a few years and have not seen this before.  I did change out my external DAC around the same time I started seeing this but I reverted to the old one and still have the problem.  I'm attaching a log file from a session where this happened.

I see this in the log - I am not sure if it is related but it looks suspicious:
0018929: 123145396944896: Playback: CCoreAudioPlugin::FillBuffers: Core audio is asking for more data than we have available?

I moved my media files to a faster disk - the issue still happens.  I don't have the problem if I stream to anther machine. For a work-around I am streaming to a notebook sitting right next to the main machine and playing back through that. 

Update: I don't have the problem bit steaming DSD to my DAC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up