INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC settings: Restrict user to specific metadata fields like [Rating_by_userA]  (Read 1436 times)

henning65

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello

I would very much appreciate to learn, if such an option is possible. Any help is Wellcome!

I would like to grant access to all files AND I would like to restrict Users to alter only certain metadata. Like offering the ability to store a track-rating in a user-related field [Rating_by_userA] and / or prevent changes to other metadata fields like [my_track_rating], [Artist name]...
Is it possible to fine-tune the user rights to view / change (access) specific metadata-fields?

As far as I understand the following options exist:
Create Users: by "View"/Users it is possible to create Users. But that's not really very strict: As I understand a User can change him/herself which "View-User" he/she is using. And - as far as I understand - it is not possible to view a rating but not being able to change it.
Authentication: by "Tools/Option/Media Network" it is possible to have two distinguished access-option: a) full authentication and b) read-only. As far as I understand it is not possible to grant access-rights only to certain metadata-fields?

Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up