INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: IPTV Support in the JRiver TV Engine  (Read 24138 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: NEW: IPTV Support in the JRiver TV Engine
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2021, 04:52:52 pm »

Bryan,
On just one channel?

I saw a few of those when I was testing.  Maybe 1/3 of the channels I tried.

I just tested 10 channels and one of them did end up working. That's some progress (I know it can work!), but I'm only batting .100.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2021, 08:48:35 am »

I finally had a chance to set this up. Everything seems to be working OK with channel management but whenever I actually try to watch a channel I get the following error:

Failed to create JRiver Video Engine Unspecified Error

Logs sent.

Not received.  Please resend, to yaobing at jriver
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2021, 09:03:57 am »

Not received.  Please resend.

Resent to yaobing at jriver. I normally send all of my logs to logs at jriver. Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2021, 05:35:51 pm »

Resent to yaobing at jriver. I normally send all of my logs to logs at jriver. Thanks!

Received.  Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2021, 06:38:43 pm »

I took a look at the log file and found that this channel: "USA: CMT FHD" does not play because it is not streamed as HTTP Live Streaming.  It appears to be just a direct stream of possibly transport stream.  When I entered the URL in a browser, the browser started downloading a file, but it probably will be never-ending (instead of an m3u8 playlist file which would be finite).

This probably will be my next task - figuring out which type of stream a given URL is before deciding how to handle it.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2021, 07:09:42 am »

I have no problems playing the affected URLs using "File>Open URL" from within MC so unless the timeshifting code is a completely different beast you may have something to go on there.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2021, 08:22:41 am »

Indeed the time-shifting code is different.  When using File > Open URL... we send the URL directly to the video playback engine.  When playing it as a TV channel, we have to manage the time-shifting buffer outside of the video engine.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2021, 10:52:57 am »

That's what I figured, sounds like a fun and tricky problem, good luck!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2021, 09:43:55 am »

I split Franky's post into a new topic as it is not really an IPTV issue.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130693.0.html

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2021, 11:19:54 am »

The new build has fixed most of my playback streams, thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2021, 01:30:37 pm »

Great!  Thanks for pushing us in this direction.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2021, 01:00:28 pm »

After some more testing, IPTV channels played via the Guide start skipping and freezing after a few minutes of playback (on the handful of channels I've tested). If I play the same link using the traditional method it plays fine for several hours. Let me know if you would like logs.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2021, 09:38:08 am »

After some more testing, IPTV channels played via the Guide start skipping and freezing after a few minutes of playback (on the handful of channels I've tested). If I play the same link using the traditional method it plays fine for several hours. Let me know if you would like logs.

No idea right now.  Yeah, please provide logs.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2021, 06:04:02 pm »

It just happened again, logs sent, thanks!

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2021, 10:34:29 am »

I hope this isn't a stupid question.

I installed the trial a few months ago to test out the IPTV functionality as I am pretty desperate to move from Mediaportal, but I had problems with it.

I would like to try this again using the new build and have removed/reinstalled but cannot run the trial to test as I have previously installed the software, so the 30 day trial is no longer available.

Is there anything I can do to get a new trial working? I have tried running the trial on a VM but can't get any channel to play and receive a "Failed to create JRiver Video Engine Unspecified Error" message.

This software ticks every box for me and the only thing that has prevented me moving so far has been the lack of IPTV support. As long as I can get my IPTV channels working alongside my DVB-S2 ones, I'm sold.

Paul Coddington

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2021, 04:06:31 am »

Had a quick crack at this with no luck.

Can manually enter single channels and watch them, but JRiver does not seem to be able to import EPG and match it to a list of channels (either it does not understand it and cannot match it, or will not download it to begin with).

http://i.mjh.nz/nzau/kodi.m3u8
http://i.mjh.nz/nzau/epg.xml

The channels are imported from M3U8 without IDs, and IDs cannot be entered manually (either when editing one channel at a time or importing a M3U8, it's an empty read only field either way).

Guide comes up blank, asks to me to match manually, but clicking on the coloured links to fix it only produces an empty box that cannot be typed into, so I have no idea what it is even asking me to do.

I'll leave the links here for someone else to try to see if that narrows down the problem (perhaps those files are not the right format). If I know they work (or not) for someone else, it would help a great deal.

I'm also a bit concerned that v28 installer does not seem to create any firewall rules, but creating generic ones on all the executables in the JRiver river folder did not help. With 27, a set of firewall rules were created, but it would be a lot of trouble to reimage the computer from an older backup to retrieve them and adapt them at this point and I can't find any information on what they should be.

Paul Coddington

• Recent member
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2021, 04:12:05 am »

No.  The implementation will be done with Mac and Linux OS in mind, so DirectShow is not going to be used.

Pity, as colour management would be good to have.

But, if I can get JRiver to play Free To Air IPTV channels I can declutter and get rid of Kodi regardless, because although Kodi has colour management, it has not been working since v19 released (massive memory leak that grinds the PC to a halt and crashes the application in seconds when colour management enabled). So, JRiver not having colour managed IPTV is not a loss at this point, just have to switch the monitor to BT.709 to match when fussed.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2021, 11:57:36 am »

Had a quick crack at this with no luck.

Can manually enter single channels and watch them, but JRiver does not seem to be able to import EPG and match it to a list of channels (either it does not understand it and cannot match it, or will not download it to begin with).

http://i.mjh.nz/nzau/kodi.m3u8
http://i.mjh.nz/nzau/epg.xml

The channels are imported from M3U8 without IDs, and IDs cannot be entered manually (either when editing one channel at a time or importing a M3U8, it's an empty read only field either way).

Guide comes up blank, asks to me to match manually, but clicking on the coloured links to fix it only produces an empty box that cannot be typed into, so I have no idea what it is even asking me to do.

I'll leave the links here for someone else to try to see if that narrows down the problem (perhaps those files are not the right format). If I know they work (or not) for someone else, it would help a great deal.

I'm also a bit concerned that v28 installer does not seem to create any firewall rules, but creating generic ones on all the executables in the JRiver river folder did not help. With 27, a set of firewall rules were created, but it would be a lot of trouble to reimage the computer from an older backup to retrieve them and adapt them at this point and I can't find any information on what they should be.

I will try to make some changes.  For example I should be able to parse the m3u8 file and read tvg-id="" part and save it to "XMLTV ID".

To manually add XMLTV IDs to channels, go to Manage Channels.  The last column "XMLTV ID" is editable.  Slow-double-click in the list cell to enter edit mode.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2022, 10:58:31 am »

I'm hoping someone can assist me with what may be a dumb problem/question here.

I have been testing on my laptop before rebuilding my main HTPC to move from another product.

On my laptop, my IPTV channels play fine. The version on that machine is 28.0.80 and is using Red October Standard.

I have now installed 28.0.106 onto my HTPC and the same channels do not play at all. I have tried changing Red October from Standard to JRVR with no success. Each time I try to play a channel I get the message "Failed to create JRiver video engine Unspecified Error".

On my laptop I can open a stream of one of these channels by selecting Open URL (am running Windows), but on the HTPC it just says "There is nothing to play"

Is there something really obvious I am missing here, or is there a way to access a previous build if that is the issue?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2022, 06:10:56 pm »

I'm hoping someone can assist me with what may be a dumb problem/question here.

I have been testing on my laptop before rebuilding my main HTPC to move from another product.

On my laptop, my IPTV channels play fine. The version on that machine is 28.0.80 and is using Red October Standard.

I have now installed 28.0.106 onto my HTPC and the same channels do not play at all. I have tried changing Red October from Standard to JRVR with no success. Each time I try to play a channel I get the message "Failed to create JRiver video engine Unspecified Error".

On my laptop I can open a stream of one of these channels by selecting Open URL (am running Windows), but on the HTPC it just says "There is nothing to play"

Is there something really obvious I am missing here, or is there a way to access a previous build if that is the issue?

IPv6 routing issue?

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2022, 02:20:15 am »

Hi BryanC,

Thanks for replying.

Doesn't appear to be a routing issue and is not related to IP6 - I have disabled that to test.

The same URL can be opened on the same machine using VLC and starts in a second or two, and it works on my laptop running the older build of MC28, so it appears to be local to MC on this machine, I just can't see what the issue could be.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2022, 01:23:47 pm »

I changed from standard view to theater view and the IPTV channels started playing.

Now if I go back to standard view they will play as expected, however trying to play a channel from file > open URL does not work.

Very odd, but at least it is working now in a way that my wife will be able to use!

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2022, 12:08:00 pm »

I am stuck with this same issue again now after upgrading to MC29 - IPTV streams do not start and i get the "Failed to create JRiver video engine Unspecified Error" message.

The streams also do not play using File > Open URL and says there is nothing to play. The streams work fine in VLC and on another machine running MC28.

I have tried everything I did last time and the settings appear to be the same on both installations. I just cannot see why they won't play.

Have tried all video engines and IP6 is disabled.

I'm stumped by this one.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2022, 05:20:07 pm »

Here's an IPTV link for a Minneapolis station, KARE 11:

https://livevideo01.kare11.com/hls/live/2014544/newscasts/live.m3u8

You can play it from File > Open URL.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2022, 05:43:34 pm »

Hi Jim,

I noticed about an hour ago there was a new build 29.0.22.

I've installed that and it's started to work straight away.

The release notes mentioned a fix for IPTV channels not starting that was added in 29.0.20 and I was on 29.0.18.

Seems like that's done the trick!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2022, 06:29:14 pm »

Here's an IPTV link for a Minneapolis station, KARE 11:

https://livevideo01.kare11.com/hls/live/2014544/newscasts/live.m3u8

You can play it from File > Open URL.

I tried it (Beta V29.0.23), and it opened the link in a Web Browser tab (not MC), and I got the msg:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://livevideo01.kare11.com/hls/live/2014544/newscasts/live.m3u8" on this server.
Reference #18.3458d617.1648164363.223aa40

It may be regionally blocked (I'm in Oz)?
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2022, 12:52:12 pm »

I tried it (Beta V29.0.23), and it opened the link in a Web Browser tab (not MC), and I got the msg:

It may be regionally blocked (I'm in Oz)?

It works fine here.  So it is likely due to your location.

This channel actually does not stream live programs.  It lets you play the last local news program.  For example, right now, at 12:50 PM  US Central time, it plays a 4:30 AM news program.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2022, 05:12:34 am »

Looks like it's been a while since any new posts here.

Any updates on Xtreme codes support or at least a multi-Channel URL?

I will stick with my main IPTV player (TiviMate) on my Nvidia Shield until this gets worked out.

Carl.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2022, 06:16:42 am »

Hope this isn't a stupid question.

If your IPTV service allows for multiple streams, so you can watch one channel whilst recording another, do you need to set up multiple IPTV tuners in MC as you would for DVB or does it just work it out on its own?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2022, 10:28:17 pm »

Hope this isn't a stupid question.

If your IPTV service allows for multiple streams, so you can watch one channel whilst recording another, do you need to set up multiple IPTV tuners in MC as you would for DVB or does it just work it out on its own?

Multiple streams are not supported at this time.  For now, only the first available variant in an HLS is used.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2022, 09:01:33 am »

Hi @Yaobing,

I may not have explained this very well. I am not trying to view different variants. My subscription allows for two connections, so these can be two separate devices watching separate (or the same) channels, or one device that can tune to and record one stream (channel) and at the same time watch a separate stream (channel).

This gives me feature parity with physical dual tuner cards connected to a dish or aerial, where one channel can be recorded and another viewed simultaneously.

I tried to add an additional IPTV tuner for this purpose, but this just seemed to remove my first tuner and call the new IPTV tuner IPTV2.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2022, 04:20:28 pm »

IPTV "tuners" are not physical tuners in MC.  We do not limit how many channels you can access, even though your provider may.  So on the same computer, when you are recording one channel, you can watch another channel.  MC will automatically create another "tuner" for it.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2022, 07:43:06 am »

Perfect. Thanks Yaobing.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2022, 07:10:53 am »

Are HLS subtitles supported? I can watch and record national broadcasting stream but subtitles are not shown. In DVBViewer they are visible so they exist.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2022, 09:04:12 am »

Are HLS subtitles supported? I can watch and record national broadcasting stream but subtitles are not shown. In DVBViewer they are visible so they exist.

There currently is no specific coding to support that.  I will have to figure out what and how.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2022, 06:02:05 am »

Is there any limit in JRiver on the length that the link to the individual channel can be?

My provider has recently made changes and now the links are a lot longer than they previously were and cannot be played in JRiver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2022, 07:13:11 am »

Is there any limit in JRiver on the length that the link to the individual channel can be?

My provider has recently made changes and now the links are a lot longer than they previously were and cannot be played in JRiver.
How long?

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2022, 07:49:37 am »

Hi Jim,

They are 333 characters in length for the most part now.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2022, 02:43:22 pm »

Would that be too long? They do also include forward slashes now and did not previously.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2022, 10:53:23 am »

I don't remember having set any limit on URL length in my code.  Usually URLs can be as long as 2048 bytes and forward slashes are fine too.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2022, 11:04:49 am »

Thanks Yaobing,

I have solved this one now. My provider had upgraded security to provide unique links for each channel for each subscriber, which removed the older style lines that contained usernames and passwords.

I explained the issue and they gave me a workaround for this, and now have the older style lines again which are working fine.

deuceadam

• Recent member
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2023, 12:20:28 pm »

I have attempted to load YEahTV on Media 30 but when it begins to process the guide constantly locks up and then shuts down totally! So I then tried to load in JRmedia 29 and its taking hours to process the channel listing it is over 80K channels but JR30 did this part in 15 minutes. HELP PLEASE Also if you search from main support page for IPTV it says nothing!!!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2023, 09:17:23 am »

I have attempted to load YEahTV on Media 30 but when it begins to process the guide constantly locks up and then shuts down totally! So I then tried to load in JRmedia 29 and its taking hours to process the channel listing it is over 80K channels but JR30 did this part in 15 minutes. HELP PLEASE Also if you search from main support page for IPTV it says nothing!!!

80k channels are too many.  Do you have a guide file for all of the channels?

In recent builds of MC30 we have made some improvements, but the guide loading part is still not quite right.  The channel loading part will take some time to finish but at least it does not appear to hang and does provide feedback.

saltanar

• Recent member
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2023, 06:00:04 am »

I have a bigger one too and jriver has frequent blockages also without tv guide with a iptv list bigger than 240k .
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up