INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to populate Bit Depth and Sample Rate [or playing WV/DSF from a client]  (Read 428 times)

uirio

• Recent member

Hi all,
I have a problem playing WV compressed DSF files from a JRiver library client.
I had a lot of SACD .ISO images but decided (after https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,125329.0.html) to convert them to WV compressed DSF: converted using sacd_extract (setmind fork), compressed using wavpack (5.3.0 and 5.4.0) and then updated the database to point to the new file names using RM&C; I wrote a batch file for converting and compressing, and then used JRiver search language and RM&C to update the database properly without losing the tags.
A lot of the "updated" files (but not all of them) has the fields "Bit Depth" and "Sample Rate" empty; however I can play all of them correctly on my main audio system which is connected to the JRiver server.
If I delete a file from the library and then add it again, the fields are correctly populated (i.e. "Bit Depth"=1 and "Sample Rate"="DSD64 (1x)") and this is also true for all new SACDs they I add to the library; however if I delete a file from the library I have to tag it again when re-added.
From my JRiver client (another instance of JRiver, connected to the library server and to a secondary audio system) I can't play any of those files with the empty fields, whilst the DSF/WV with the fields correctly filled play without any problem.
It does not seem to be a problem in DSP Studio' settings or Playback Options nor in the Audio Conversion Media Network's Client Options (of course I can provide current settings but I tried many, I also connected the same DAC to both JRiver instances with the same settings, having the client converting the audio to PCM/24 or not, and the behaviour is the same).
When trying to play those files (and only those files) on the client they simply not start, mostly without any error message and sometime with JRiver hanging.
Both server and client are now JRiver 27.0.79 (64-bit) on updated instances of Windows 10.
Is there any trick to populate (or having JRiver populating) those fields ? [without having to delete the files and then adding them again]
Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up