INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album bookmark?  (Read 504 times)

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
Album bookmark?
« on: April 30, 2021, 06:02:49 am »

I'm one of those old-fashioned people who still listens to music in albums. Quite often I don't get to listen through to the end for some reason so, particularly for new albums, I get to know the first songs better than the last.

I read about bookmarking in MediaCenter but don't think it applies to albums. Is there a way to record where you got to in an album last time? I appreciate an album is a different, more nebulous thing. Feature request maybe.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Album bookmark?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 07:18:39 pm »

Maybe you are talking about the Tag "Last Played" which is in the Tag list? But this tag is per track not per album. The structure of the library os per track, and it's just a display filter that groups by album. The album itself is not a data object. So it may be hard to achieve what you want without creating a custom tag and a fancy field expression to update the tag based on any track in the album - so it displays the last date not [Varies] if there are multiple different dates in the tag "Last Played". Alas my field expression skills are limited someone else may be able to kind of make this work?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 06:22:53 am »

Thanks David. Yes, I can see that albums not such tangible things as tracks for example. Anyway, you mentioned field expressions which are new to me so I'll look into that.

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 07:03:02 am »

OK, a really simple way is just to include 'last played' in the view. Easy to pick out the jumps when viewing an album.

(ah. Nearly everything is never played. Probably should have imported the old library after upgrading to 27 from 17 recently. But I've done a load of photo tagging since. Is there a trick for this? Merge or something?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up