INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Gapless Playback - WXC-50  (Read 751 times)

omega0

• Recent member
DLNA Gapless Playback - WXC-50
« on: April 30, 2021, 11:01:24 pm »

I would like to know if there is a way to get gapless playback and have the ability to play DSD files.  I am using the latest version of JRiver Media Center. 27.0.85 on a Windows 10 computer. 
I am using Media Center as a DLNA server.  I am using JRemote to play to a Yamaha WXC-50 connected via copper CAT5 cable (Ethernet).  Wireless & Bluetooth are disabled on the WXC-50.  The WXC-50 does not support gapless playback of DSD files (DSF, DFF, etc)

Here is what I have found:

In Media Center under Tools>Options>Media Network>Add or Configure DLNA servers... > Audio > Format: 
-if the above option is set to PCM24-bit then gapless playback will work fine, but I cannot playback any DSD files
-if the above option is set to DSF, then I can playback DSD files, but gapless playback does not work at all for any type of file.

Is there a way in JRiver Media Center to set the audio output to PCM 24-bit unless I choose to play a DSD file, then have it switch the audio output to DSF while playing DSD files?

Thank You,

omega0

• Recent member
Re: DLNA Gapless Playback - WXC-50
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 06:46:32 pm »

It seems that I was able to resolve this issue by changing this setting to ' Original Format '

In Media Center under Tools>Options>Media Network>Add or Configure DLNA servers... > Audio > Mode:

This page was helpful:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA#Advanced_DLNA_settings
Pages: [1]   Go Up