INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie collection cover art  (Read 431 times)

michellejs

Movie collection cover art
« on: May 05, 2021, 05:39:36 pm »

After having researched in the forums, I've managed to setup some movie collections but cannot get the collection cover art to show.
I've saved the cover art in the same folder as the tv series cover art (AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 27\Cover Art\Series) with filename exactly matching what I entered in the series tag.

Is anyone able to please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Movie collection cover art
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 10:36:20 pm »

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'Movie collections'? Are the movies ripped and stored in MC as a file. MC will only show cover art from a files that exists on the library. If you are just trying to compile names of movies with out the files then that is not really going to work that way?

There are a few post out there trying to work around that by using a placeholder to show the cover art. However I have not got that to work myself as I was trying to that with my vinyl collection. ie. I do not want to rip them, I just want to manage the list of them with cover art tracks - but MC does not really work that way?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

michellejs

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 03:05:04 am »

So, for example, the Harry Potter movies (all individual files) - following the instructions I found in this thread - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90495.0 - I have them grouped together as 1 collection in theater view (much like a tv show).  I obviously have cover art for each individual movie, but the cover art for the collection seems to be picked randomly from one of the movies in the collection.
I have tried saving the cover art I want in the series cover art folder as described but it doesn't have any effect

I hope this makes sense - please bear with, this is all quite new to me!

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 07:27:26 am »

I assume you have tried to update the cover art in the tags window where it of course does not exist right?

In the video /movie section, in any view you can change the cover art of the individuals files or a group of files by selecting one or several. Right click on them and the Cover Art menu is available, even though it is not in the tag list. In the sub menu you can specify a find file from a location, and then MC gives you a chance to copy it to the folder the media is in. So instead of through the tag window, it can be changed through the right click menu!! Hope this helps.

Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas
Pages: [1]   Go Up