INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old trauma  (Read 1391 times)

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
Old trauma
« on: April 05, 2003, 11:04:23 am »

I have an old problem that no one has solved yet, and I think it has been forgotten. So, I will try it again. I have a CD that MC refuses to rip. It starts OK, shows all the files. I ask for the rip, press start, everything seems fine, the first track shows initializing and the System freezes and I have to shut it down using task manager.
It is not a problem with the CD because I have been able to rip it using Windows Media Player. The problem is I don't want to work with WMA files. And i tried to convert the WMA files to MP3 and it didn´t work either. Someone has any ideas?

Media Center Registered 9.0.133 -- C:\Arquivos de programas\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Duron 892 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 245 MB, Free - 107 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINNT\Media\Utopia - exclamação.WAV

Burning /  Drive E: HP       CD-Writer+ 9300    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:10  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Old trauma
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 11:05:33 am »

>> Media Center Registered 9.0.133
how do you know?

your version of MC9 is old.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 11:10:52 am »

When you say "old" I take it that it's not copy protected CD? Did you try various rip modes? Digital Large Buffer is default. Try Digital Secure. If you can't get it to work in any mode then download Exact Audio Copy (best ripper bar none), which I'm positive will work. I and a few others around here can help you set it up.

10-27

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 11:33:11 am »

I have this CD since january and the problem keeps going on version after version.
I don't think the CD is protected. Windows Media Player rips it. And I tried to rip using Digital Large Buffer and Digital Secure and error correcting on rip mode with the same results (or lack of). I also tried to slow the read speed. Nothing seems to work.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 11:37:49 am »

WMP may not actually be ripping them (more like copying the DRM'd WMA's onto the hard disk). I'll bet the CD is copy protected if you got it in Jan '03. Can you play these WMA's on any other computer?

10-27

Marko

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 07:23:27 am »

1st of all, get yourself the latest build and try ripping the cd with it.
If it works, then problem solved.

If it still doesn't work, I'm willing to bet it's an enhanced cd. Have a look at the disc in windows explorer, are the .cda 'files' listed?

If it's an enhanced cd, you might want to have a read of, and maybe post to, this thread.....

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1048859955

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 02:16:07 pm »

I bought this CD in november, 2002 and it wasn't a new release. And I can see all the .cda files in the Windows Explorer  :(
  I got the latest version of MC9 and the problem remains...  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up