INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instruction to switch the database from Windows to Mac  (Read 1674 times)

Flutsch

• Recent member
Instruction to switch the database from Windows to Mac
« on: May 07, 2021, 07:44:56 am »

Hi

is there an easy instruction on how to switch the music library from Windows to Mac ? I found something here but this seems not so easy.

Any help ? Maybe also someone who did the same thing and would be available for a call ?!?!?! I am in Berlin Germany ...

Best
Martin

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Instruction to switch the database from Windows to Mac
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 11:16:33 am »

It can be as easy as backing up the library in Windows and restoring it on the Mac. Sehr einfach
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

Flutsch

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 12:00:54 pm »

hm, ich hatte es versucht, aber leider hat's nicht so einfach geklappt. Vielleicht kannst Du ja helfen.

Musikdateien speichere ich wie folgt ab unter Windows:

M:\musique\[Artist]\[Artist] - [Name]
wobei "M" eine externe Festplatte ist.

Wenn ich diese externe Festplatte an das MacBook Pro 2020 anschliesse, erkennt er zwar die Platte, aber die Dateistruktur eben nicht.

Wie kann ich das Problem lösen ?

It can be as easy as backing up the library in Windows and restoring it on the Mac. Sehr einfach

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 12:51:09 pm »

Tut mir leid, aber ich kann es nicht auf Deutsch erklären, die technischen Ausdrücke sind viel leichter in Englisch zu beschreiben. Bin zwar in Österreich aufgewachsen, habe aber seit 30 Jahren nicht mehr in deutschsprachigen Ländern gelebt.
I am assuming you have backed-up the old Library and restored it on the Mac. Now, Media Center on the Mac can open the library but it cannot find the media files on the external disk. I am also assuming that you can see the media files in Finder on the Mac (meaning the the disk format is compatible with MacOS). What you need to do is "point" the library to the correct (MacOS) file path on the external HDD.
  • When you press F6 a new window should open in MC that is titled "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" (or the equivalent in German)
    • Near the top of the left hand side, there is a pull down menu with a Down Arrow to the right of it (see ScreenShot1).
    • Click on it and select the equivalent of what is shown in the white background text box in ScreenShot1.
    • In the Text Box below called "Base Path" fill in the path to the top of the file structure (you can see this in Finder when you open the HDD in Finder). It'll be something like
Code: [Select]
/Diskname/musique/
    , where "Diskname" is the MacOS replacement  for "M:/" in Windows.[/li]
  • Below that is a box called "Rule". There you put the rule for how albums and tracks should be ordered. In your case, I presume
Code: [Select]
/[Artist]/[Artist] - [Name]
    [/li]
  • Make sure all slashes are forward (/) and NOT backward (\)
Ich hoffe, das hilft.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

Flutsch

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 08:10:37 am »

Thank you, HaWi - will try your instruction and give feedback once done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up