INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver volume slider does nothing to the volume. Can only change volume on Amp.  (Read 486 times)

TrackStar

• Recent member

This occurs when I play a song on JRiver. (haven't tried movies)

I just started using JRiver today.

I am on windows 10. Up to date.

I have:
LTA Z10e Amp.
Denafrips Pontus II DAC
HD820 Headphones.

How can I fix this?

Feel free to ask for any other information.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

If hardware volume doesn't work, you could switch to internal volume in the menu.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TrackStar

• Recent member

If hardware volume doesn't work, you could switch to internal volume in the menu.

Oh, thanks! That worked!

TrackStar

• Recent member

Just kidding...

When I do this and start a song it stops sound from all other sources.

Still need help.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen

That is normal behaviour as MC uses exclusive access to the device if you are using the WASAPI driver, as it bypasses Windows mixer and goes MC direct to output. MC will not release the device for others until you hit Stop (Pause still holds it). If you want to pass the output through the Windows mixer to combine with everything else you need to select the "Default Audio Direct Device" but it is lower quality and will not pass Surround signal through (at least on my windows setup). Unfortunately the device name "Direct Device" is misleading and comes from windows I think.

If you want both option create 2 different Zones and use a different driver for each, like I have "Yamaha DSP Exclusive 5.1" which goes direct to my amp and "Realtek PC Mixer 2.1" which goes through windows sound mixer before being out put to the amp. You can look up the wiki if you are not familiar with zones. I had been using MC for about 3 or 4 years until I spent the time to work this out, so hopefully you are getting the benefit of experience here.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

TrackStar

• Recent member

That is normal behaviour as MC uses exclusive access to the device if you are using the WASAPI driver, as it bypasses Windows mixer and goes MC direct to output. MC will not release the device for others until you hit Stop (Pause still holds it). If you want to pass the output through the Windows mixer to combine with everything else you need to select the "Default Audio Direct Device" but it is lower quality and will not pass Surround signal through (at least on my windows setup). Unfortunately the device name "Direct Device" is misleading and comes from windows I think.

If you want both option create 2 different Zones and use a different driver for each, like I have "Yamaha DSP Exclusive 5.1" which goes direct to my amp and "Realtek PC Mixer 2.1" which goes through windows sound mixer before being out put to the amp. You can look up the wiki if you are not familiar with zones. I had been using MC for about 3 or 4 years until I spent the time to work this out, so hopefully you are getting the benefit of experience here.

Awesome. Thanks. This appears to have worked.

Created an "optimum" experience with ASIO connection to my DAC and a "gaming" experience with "Direct Sound" to my DAC. Had the option to do "default audio device direct sound" but seemed like a better idea to choose the DAC direct sound.

It appears I am not able to choose DSD format on anything but an ASIO audio device. Unfortunate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up