INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote2 Crashes After Sending Music to Chromecast  (Read 1718 times)

dfglazer

JRemote2 Crashes After Sending Music to Chromecast
« on: May 07, 2021, 04:01:36 pm »

Up until a month or so ago chromecast from JRiver2 app was working well.

Recently however JRiver2 crashes when casting.

I select the device to cast to. I select a song. I push play on the app. The music starts. JRiver crashes. Music continues but without the remote, there is no way to turn the music off or skip songs or pick another album. This happens with the 2 tablets I use. The server is the same as when it was working fine; a Win10 setup. When I use the JPanel chromecast works just fine (which is a good solution I guess).

mkolmar

• Recent member
Re: JRiver2 Crashes After Sending Music to Chromecast
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 01:30:31 pm »

Same problem here on a Samsung Galaxy S7. App crashes reliably until the cast ends. The components on the phone responsible for casting seemed to go on fine, able to see what is playing, disconnect, or stop.

Didn't notice this thread earlier, and posted on another thread. Good to know it worked at some point, which is reason to be optimistic that it can be fixed soon.

AuditGuy

• Recent member
Re: JRiver2 Crashes After Sending Music to Chromecast
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 04:22:52 am »

same here, no longer useful for chromecast. App crashes repeatedly on phone, no impact on server. Samsung s10

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote2 Crashes After Sending Music to Chromecast
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 06:40:04 am »

We're currently testing a small update to resolve this, it should be available either today or over the next few days, depending on how final tests go and how fast Google rolls it out through the play store.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

dashard

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 08:49:16 am »

Hi, did this issue ever get resolved?

I am having the same issue using a android 10 tablet, JRemote2 will immediately crash once I try to send music to a cast device. The music will continue to play for a while but  JRemote2 closes.

I also have are JRemote2 on a android 11 phone and it works perfectly.

Does anyone have any idea, what the issue could be? All the settings are the same on both tablet and the phone.

I have tried to search for a solution, but nothing seems an obvious cause?

Many thanks for reading

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 05:58:45 pm »

I am having the same issue using a android 10 tablet, JRemote2 will immediately crash once I try to send music to a cast device. The music will continue to play for a while but  JRemote2 closes.

I also have are JRemote2 on a android 11 phone and it works perfectly.
I gave up long ago on using the Cast function in JRemote2 on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S9 currently at Android version 10, I don't have a tablet).  JRemote2 cast was always crashing things and I have not touched that cast icon again for years.  It's interesting that your experience with Android 11 is different.

Instead I run BubbleUPnP Server on the MC Server PC, which makes the Google cast devices look like DLNA renderers to MC.  That combination works fairly well with JRemote2 as long as I target the DLNA versions of the renderers.  For the original Chromecast Audio dongles I must use the 2.4 MHz Wi-Fi band (not 5 GHz) because of their hardware limitations.

dashard

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 02:30:23 pm »

Hi, many thanks for your response, seems there is a common problem regarding version 10 and JRemote2 crashing. It works flawlessly on my phone android version 11.

I am able to cast from my tablet, but not using the icon on the JRemote2 application, but rather using the android cast option in the tablet settings. However you lose a lot of functionality this way, not been able to pause or start the music via the cast device, in my case Google home speakers. I guess I just hope my tablet gets a android upgrade.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to reply

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 02:46:19 pm »

We have a version in testing that should fix the cast crash on older Android versions. I'll try to get Google to approve it. It seems like it got stuck in review and never pushed out to users, sorry about the delay!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

dashard

• Recent member
Re: JRemote2 Crashes After Sending Music to Chromecast [Solved]
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2023, 06:00:24 am »

Apologies for the really delayed reply. I can confirm that the update fixes the crashing issue. My android 10 tablet now plays via my chrome cast devices without any crashing issues. Many thanks for the update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up