INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Shuffle and play" doesn't work for Playlists  (Read 556 times)

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
"Shuffle and play" doesn't work for Playlists
« on: July 23, 2023, 11:04:09 am »

I'm a music-only MC user, and I use JRemote a ton - Controlling my Id at home, and playing through my iPhone when away from home. I do lots of listening to all kinds of stuff, but obviously, Playlists are a big part of my life: I spend lots of time and energy creating, listening, curating, pruning, etc.

Interesting to me that in JRemote, searching for an Artist, and long-pressing the pile o' album thumbnails allows me options, and often I'll choose "Shuffle and play." Did you know that it works for this scenario, but if I choose a Playlist, and then "Shuffle and play" there's no shuffling at all, only play? It'll always play in the order the Playlist happens to be in, consistently. The only way I can actually shuffle a Playlist is to go to my MC client on my Windows machine, select the Playlist, and use the Shuffle button in the commands at the top of the client window.

This has been true for my entire experience with JRemote, over many many versions.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Shuffle and play" doesn't work for Playlists
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 03:04:11 pm »

I'm a music-only MC user, and I use JRemote a ton - Controlling my Id at home, and playing through my iPhone when away from home. I do lots of listening to all kinds of stuff, but obviously, Playlists are a big part of my life: I spend lots of time and energy creating, listening, curating, pruning, etc.

Interesting to me that in JRemote, searching for an Artist, and long-pressing the pile o' album thumbnails allows me options, and often I'll choose "Shuffle and play." Did you know that it works for this scenario, but if I choose a Playlist, and then "Shuffle and play" there's no shuffling at all, only play? It'll always play in the order the Playlist happens to be in, consistently. The only way I can actually shuffle a Playlist is to go to my MC client on my Windows machine, select the Playlist, and use the Shuffle button in the commands at the top of the client window.

This has been true for my entire experience with JRemote, over many many versions.
Interesting, we'll check into it. Thanks.

dashard

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 06:21:13 am »

Hi I was pleased to see this thread as I have a similar issue with JRemote 2, and Media Centre Version 28 on a Windows PC

If I cast Media Centre server via my phone to a Chrome cast device or a Chrome cast group, then the shuffle or repeat function does not work. However if I do not use the cast function both the repeat and shuffle functions work without any problem playing on my phone.

I have searched the forums for any potential solution but could not find any. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 08:38:48 am »

Not able to duplicate this in JRemote iOS in either local or remote zones.
My playlists shuffle fine.
I long hold on a playlist and choose "shuffle and play"

dashard

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 09:29:42 am »

Hi many thanks for the follow-up.... For clarification I am using the android version of JRemote

I am also able to shuffle the playlist while casting, following the description and method you described.

But I am not able to shuffle, repeat the playlist or current track, using the menu icons, located on the playing now screen, if the device is in Google Chrome cast mode.

Many thanks once again for the reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up