INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Modify "Remove files from Playing Now after they are played"  (Read 771 times)

Striker

• World Citizen

Hi... I finally got around to loading v27 I bought last year around this time.  Honestly as an audio only user... I see no improvements that *I* will use.  I tried "freeze columns" which does not work as I thought it would.

The only thing I'd like for v28 is for "Remove files from Playing Now after they are played" to keep maybe like 5 tracks just played so I can do a Prev to replay the previous track.  I'd pay for that if JRiver thinks it's a useful modification.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Why remove the files?  Do they hurt something?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Striker

• World Citizen

Why remove the files?  Do they hurt something?

I like them from being removed from PlayingNow (not the actual files) after playback, saves me from having to do it.

I'd just like a few of the last files played kept in case I want to replay the last track.

My process is to add like a hundred hours of music to PlayingNow and just let it play when I start MC in the mornings and when the tracks/time remaining are almost gone, I add another hundred hours...

Soundwave

• Recent member

Why not just add them all to Playing Now? Seems like a pointless hassle of putting some one, and then coming back and putting in more. Likewise deleting the files is pretty simple. You're doing more work checking and loading up new files, than you would be if you just loaded the entire library generally, and leaving it at that?

Going into the program, and adding another 100 hours of music is hardly impacted by going into Now Playing and with 3-5 clicks purging the prior playlist.

I guess I'm just confused why you would want to do this loading of 100 hours of music loading every 100 hours. Especially if the 100 hours of music isn't already a specific playlist of music itself. If you're willing to do that, what would be the problem of going into Playing Now, Holding Shift + Left Click on the first and last tracks, and pressing the Delete button?

Striker

• World Citizen

Why not just add them all to Playing Now? Seems like a pointless hassle of putting some one, and then coming back and putting in more. Likewise deleting the files is pretty simple. You're doing more work checking and loading up new files, than you would be if you just loaded the entire library generally, and leaving it at that?

Going into the program, and adding another 100 hours of music is hardly impacted by going into Now Playing and with 3-5 clicks purging the prior playlist.

I guess I'm just confused why you would want to do this loading of 100 hours of music loading every 100 hours. Especially if the 100 hours of music isn't already a specific playlist of music itself. If you're willing to do that, what would be the problem of going into Playing Now, Holding Shift + Left Click on the first and last tracks, and pressing the Delete button?

The "remove files from Playing Now after they are played" already exists... I'm just asking for a slight modification on how it works.

We all have our processes... which work for us and our lifestyle.  And MC is so good because it is so configurable and controllable from the command line.

I select for PN from a playlist showing the oldest last played tracks... and always scroll and select my favs.. .but i have in "internal" rule that all will be played at least once over a year.

I have the way I like to use MC and have asked for a modification.  I would never question your process which I'm sure works great for you.

Soundwave

• Recent member

The reason I asked, was because I'm not settled on the way I use JRiver, so I thought maybe you do something a way that would be novel/interesting/effective in some fashion.

Oh and yeah, whenever I mentioned "remove files after played" I was referencing the particular modification you requested, sorry for the confusion.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

If we added this option, what would happen on track change if you started on track ten?  Would it just trim all of them on track change until you were at five?  The current remove logic only removes the just played file so it would be a departure from that.  Thanks.

Striker

• World Citizen

If we added this option, what would happen on track change if you started on track ten?  Would it just trim all of them on track change until you were at five?  The current remove logic only removes the just played file so it would be a departure from that.  Thanks.

Matt, that is a darn good question I had not thought of.  And we don't want to break the functionality for existing users.

So maybe, and let's use 5 (could be 3 or 5 or configurable) as the prev tracks to retain in PlayingNow... so maybe unless there are exactly 5 tracks above the currently ending track that MC removes nothing when the track ends.

(I would personally like it better if even the current code would not remove any played track unless it was the top file)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Coming to a future v28:
NEW: The option to remove played files from Playing Now can remove files as they are played or leave the last five files.

Thanks for the help.

Striker

• World Citizen

Coming to a future v28:
NEW: The option to remove played files from Playing Now can remove files as they are played or leave the last five files.

Thanks for the help.

Thank You Sir.  Buying v28 upgrade now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up