INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request : Tagging Support - locking fields , and automation  (Read 595 times)

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck

I've just spent a few hours re-tagging some music in  my library in MC and had some thoughts on how to make it a lot easier

1.    Would it be possible to temporarily lock certain tags from being written to (e.g. Album  or Artist) - as the amount of  time I've accidentally written over tags is frustrating and you end up having to re-enter all the data you've over-written as there's no undo option (which would be another request if possible)

2.    As we can do for lyrics would it be possible to be able to  download information for tags (Genre tags and Date tags come to mind as they are fairly structured)  into the tag fields for albums  (say using something like Discogs or similar) as currently I have to look up the classifications placed against music in the aforementioned databases and then manually enter it (which is not too bad  for the odd couple of albums but once you get into multiple albums is very long winded indeed).

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

1. you can undo most actions, if you undo them right after (ctrl-z, or under the edit menu)

2. you can lookup album info with YADB (online database).  there are also complicated but functional ways to use discogs 
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106802.msg890369.html#msg890369

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks for that I hadn't seen the ctrl-z option - that'll hopefully save a lot of frustration

Striker

• World Citizen

Thanks for that I hadn't seen the ctrl-z option - that'll hopefully save a lot of frustration

BTW:  control-z is an OS option not an MediaCenter option.  Try it in other programs.  Saved me many times.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Just be aware of some things:

1. MC does not let you know that it is undoing what you just did.
2. If the process you are undoing is one that involved the writing of many tags, the undo process might take a while. Be patient. Don't hit ctrl-Z again for a while. You may need to manually check whether the process is finished.
Pages: [1]   Go Up