INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about internal browser  (Read 1362 times)

Gankaku

• Recent member
Questions about internal browser
« on: May 14, 2021, 06:10:56 pm »

Hello, I'm considering buying v27. I think the latest I owned was v12 :D

I am nearly 60 now and have eye problems. I can't see white screens for more than a minute before I have to stop using whatever it is on the screen that's white, and take a lengthy break. I like that the themes and everything is dark in this app - except the internal browser! It's really bad. Is there a way to get it dark? I want to use the streaming service within the browser but yikes.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Questions about internal browser
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 06:22:22 pm »

Interesting question.  I don't know the answer.  I just poked around in Google Chrome's settings and found themes.  There was a dark theme, but it didn't change the web sites themselves.

We use Edge by default now, but you can change that back to Chrome or IE (Options > View).  These are the browser engines, not the browsers, so I'm not sure if the settings for the browser get used.

We can probably soften the white used in our pages.  I'll check next week.

Gankaku

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 07:01:42 pm »

Wow yeah even if the white pages could be made a softer cream color that would be a help. I know I'm not the only one who has eye issues. And right. First thing I do on every app or software is change it to dark theme - if it doesn't have one, I just cannot use it. The dark on dark (I think what it's called) is great.

I'm able to set up some streaming stations. Pandora didn't work, and TuneIn is being super cranky (error pages, then I have to click on some other web service then click back), giving me errors. I tried Youtube (built into JRiver's streaming list already) and I got a message from google when trying to login about the browser is insecure, so I couldn't even proceed with that.

I'm gonna try to switch to Chrome and see what happens. I do have the recent version on my machine. Thanks for that tip. EDIT: Oh I actually did do that yesterday, because JRiver was trying to force me to use the defunct IE. ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 10:05:41 pm »

Sorry. Edge is only in MC28.  It handles some protected content..

Gankaku

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 06:05:02 pm »

Okay, can I get that somewhere? The regular downloads area only offered me v27. I guess I can poke around a bit thanks -- oh I see it's not going to be out until July. OK when my trial expires I can wait and come back to it then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up