INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: OS Language Override  (Read 416 times)

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen
Feature Request: OS Language Override
« on: May 23, 2021, 12:26:54 pm »

It would be great to have such a feature. Currently, JRiver seems to pass through the OS language as its "Menu Language" etc.

I'm in Germany, my OS is English, and most of the time, I watch my content in English. So, no problem here, one might think. Yes, JRiver passes through Windows "Display Language" as its "Menu Language" and all content defaults to English. So far, so good.

However, there are some DVDs (and maybe BDs) that want to force you to use the language of the country the DVD(/BD) was sold in as the "Menu Language" (I'm looking at you 20th Century Fox  >:(). If you don't do this, no DVD menu. So, in my case (Germany - English OS), I can't navigate to the menu. As there is no setting in JRiver, I would have to switch Windows to German. This requires me to download a not very good language pack and also to log off and on again. Bad. Uncomfortable. And unnecessary (PowerDVD for example has a setting for that).

So, please implement a language override setting. Thank you very much already :)

PS: Initial discussion here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129495.0.html?PHPSESSID=ip7isj8uj2mqknhu5rm8i0hom0
END OF LINE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up