INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd CD ripping behavior  (Read 2971 times)

Indrestudios

• Recent member
Odd CD ripping behavior
« on: May 24, 2021, 08:24:51 am »

Hi there, When I insert a CD to be ripped by MC...it appears for a split second under Drives & Devices, then disappears.  Every two or three times, I get the "confirm track listing" dialog box, but when I hit accept, it disappears and it's as if it's not inserted anymore.

I have checked my system prefs and my mac is set to "ignore" audio CDs, and everything related to itunes / music app has been disabled.

Mac users, any ideas?  I can rip just fine with this drive when using Apple's Music program. 

Did fresh install of Media Center 27.0.79  a few days ago (when I purchased my 28 license upgrade)
Big Sur 11.3.1

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Odd CD ripping behavior
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 12:03:02 pm »

This is usually because of interference by Apple Music.
Look for a helper in System Preferences->User->Startup.

Indrestudios

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 09:02:58 am »

Hi, thanks for your reply. I actually saw that suggestion in an earlier thread and double checked. There is nothing else in my start up items that references iTunes, or Apple Music.

It’s still acting weird, very unreliable to rip inside of media center. I would welcome any more suggestions?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 10:46:21 am »

Is your architecture Intel or Silicon (M1)?

Indrestudios

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 11:15:13 am »

Hi - this is running on an Intel Mac mini - (not M1)

JSmithson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 11:11:19 am »

I'm having the same issues. On an intel Mac. Have preferences to ignore cd. Nothing in the login about iTunes helper. Sometimes it works fine. Other times it spins the drive, pops up the song title, when I ok it they disappear and then it starts over, find again, ok, loop.....
One time I declined the titles and then it was fine and let me rip....  Seems to be different every time...

Indrestudios

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 05:24:21 am »

Exactly, still frustrating for me.  No workarounds so far...short of ripping in iTunes and then importing the folder.

JSmithson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 09:16:49 pm »

Still trying to get this to work. When I put the disk in MC reads it and finds the match. When I press ok... then the Mac seems to take over, the CD shows up on the desktop and then MC doesn't see it anymore.....

Any Ideas.....

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2021, 09:01:15 am »

I tried this on 3 different machines yesterday after disabling the system recognition of CD's and was not able to reproduce what you see.

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 11:13:16 pm »

I have a super drive and am not able to rip at all. Suggestions welcomed. I get the Drives & Devices screen, but no other way to select anything.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 09:19:17 am »

I have a super drive and am not able to rip at all. Suggestions welcomed. I get the Drives & Devices screen, but no other way to select anything.
The drive will not show up under "drives and devices" until you put a disk into it.
Also under privacy and security MC must have access to "removable volumes". It will ask this the first time. If you don't say yes you have to set it manually there.

Indrestudios

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 09:22:12 am »

I tried this on 3 different machines yesterday after disabling the system recognition of CD's and was not able to reproduce what you see.

HI Bob - thanks for your research, but I'm still having the same issues - same as JSmithson.  I'll try to make a screen recording to show the behavior.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 10:59:04 am »

HI Bob - thanks for your research, but I'm still having the same issues - same as JSmithson.  I'll try to make a screen recording to show the behavior.
Just tried it with The MacOS 12 beta and it works fine with that as well.

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2022, 02:50:01 am »

Is there a step-by-step solution to this?

Never mind, I think I solved my own problem - dummy emoji

Indrestudios

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2022, 05:00:10 am »

Hi jmrdc,

I'm curious what was your fix?  Still happening to me.  I'm running Big Sur 11.6
-MC

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 02:18:03 pm »

Hey MC,

It was pretty unscientific and it took some fiddling with in the option link on the lower left hand side of the window once a CD was in the drive and "rip cd" was pressed.  I honestly just fiddled with the controls until it finally started ripping.  On the first try it read all the tracks but they registered as "failed."  Can't remember what other option I ticked (it was really late) and it finally worked and even sent the files to my server rather than my computer.  I'm glad to review what settings I have when I get home.  I should note, I'm using a 2022 iMac w/ a USB Superdrive.

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2022, 09:04:24 pm »

I should also note, I'm on 11.6.4, but I did disable Apple Music automatically launching when a CD is present.

My only other question, as I have read on other forums, is how to copy an .iso file but I think that's an issue with my hardware not the software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up