INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC client server setup not working  (Read 426 times)

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
MC client server setup not working
« on: May 25, 2021, 04:25:18 pm »

After running for several years, I recently swapped the roles of the two Windows 10 computers I had setup in an MC client server relationship. What was the MC server became the client, and vice versa. Perhaps I was mistaken, but I think this was working until I then upgraded the client machine from MC 26 to MC 27 (the server installation was already using MC 27).

My FLAC audio files and MKV video media files continue to play successfully on the server PC, but when I try to open the same files on the client machine, playback runs for just a fraction of a second before stopping. I guess that I have not got the correct MC settings on the client, but there are a lot of settings in MC. Can anyone save me some time by suggesting which settings might be relevant?         

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC client server setup not working
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 04:32:51 pm »

I found the solution almost immediately after posting my question!

Turning off 'Hardware accelelerate video decoding when possible' on the client appears to have fixed the problem, though I'm a little puzzled why the "when possible" aspect of that feature didn't intervene when it clearly wasn't possible!
Pages: [1]   Go Up