INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Lyrics Editor tweaks  (Read 566 times)

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request: Lyrics Editor tweaks
« on: May 26, 2021, 12:27:15 am »

From Media Center 27 request:

1) Add menu item / keyboard shortcut to open the very useful Edit Lyrics Popup Window.

Currently it takes 5 keyboard hits:  Action Window > Tag > Advanced > Lyrics > Edit in Popup

I propose direct access through RMB context menu of the song, and/or the top Edit menu, and/or the top Tools menu, and/or RMB context menu in full screen cover art/lyrics window.

and/or optional toolbar icon.

2) The Edit Lyrics Popup Window is currently "modal" - everything else is blocked while it is open.  Please keep it "always on top" but non-modal so that at a minimum I can change songs, stop/start play, rewind while it is open (or keep it modal, but add these basic controls to the popup itself).

Admittedly this functionality is available from within the Lyrics tag, but then why have the Lyrics Popup Window at all if it lacks playback controls?

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature Request: Lyrics Editor tweaks
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 12:06:59 pm »

Two "bugs" when editing in the Lyrics Tag Window (LTW, not the Edit in Popup window):

3) Resetting the Position slider causes the LTW to disappear and one has to select the Lyrics Tag to bring it back again.  Note that controls Previous, Play, Stop, Next work fine - the LTW remains visible with them. 

4) When changing tracks with the LTW open, the new lyrics are all selected (making it too easy to delete them) and the LTW display jumps so only the last two lines of lyrics show.  I prefer to see the first and subsequent lines of lyrics at the top, and not automatically select everything.

Thanks.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: Feature Request: Lyrics Editor tweaks
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 03:38:21 am »

That selecting all of the tags content happens for every tag/field whose Edit Type is set to standard regardless of where you opt to a tags content.

However when it comes to Lyrics inside the Tag Window what you see is different to when you edit them outside of the tag window.
When editing lyrics inside the tag window, as you mentioned, only the last 2 lines plus a large empty space is displayed, but outside of the tag window more lines + far smaller space is displayed.

I've also spotted that the Tag Window appears to have at least 2 ways of displaying the contents of the lyrics tag; sometimes it will display just 1 line, like most of the other tags, and sometimes it will display up to 6 lines of lyrics.

When adding New Tracks/Discs to my library I use MediaHuman Lyrics Finder on those tracks prior to loading them into MC, so I haven't let MC look up any lyrics for ages therefore all I can assume is that the Tag Window displays the Lyrics in a single line if the lyrics have not been edited by MC and multiple lines if they have been edited by MC.

What would be nice would be to have 2 Edit options on the right click menu - the Existing "Rename" option where all of the tags content are select and an "Edit Tag" option where none of the content was selected with the start of the content being displayed and not the end of it.

Plus of course it would be nice if the ability to edit Lyrics in the popup window was also available everywhere in MC the user can Edit Lyrics.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up