INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM problems  (Read 471 times)

dlwilladsen

• Recent member
WDM problems
« on: May 26, 2021, 11:58:33 am »

I'm using a WIN10 pro pc (1909) to (try to) play Amazon Music HD to WDM to a Schiit DAC (to Schiit headphone amp) with MC27.  WDM is default audio device and output device in MC27 is Schiit USB audio device (WASAPI).  I can play from Cloudplay or my albums in MC27 to DAC wo problem, and I can play from Amazon to DAC if I make DAC the default audio device.  When I "test" WDM in audio panel I see the level bar change (but not the level bar in DAC).  I don't know what else to try. ?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: WDM problems
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 12:08:16 pm »

Do you have Media Center running in the background when attempting this? Thats required for the WDM driver to work.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

dlwilladsen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 12:18:25 pm »

Yes, actually in foreground.  It's always running, shown in task bar.

It's as if the WDM is not "connected" to my DAC, even though MC27 is running and output device is designated as the DAC.

I should also mention that when I start playing a track in Amazon, I do see the volume level active in win sound panel, AND I see IPC active in MC27 playing now.  It's just that the audio is not output to the MC27-specified output device (DAC).

dlwilladsen

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 04:43:07 pm »

Now it's working.  I guess I just have to wait a while.  No idea if I did anything that affected it to make it work.

Anyway, I guess it's resolved ... for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up