INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable player rec  (Read 1466 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
Portable player rec
« on: May 26, 2021, 03:59:46 pm »

I‘m looking for a portable music player that I can easily sync with MC. My old iPod isn‘t recognized and I‘m sick of converting FLAC to mp3 and loading it onto the iPod in iTunes.

Features I want:

* capable of playing FLAC
* Bluetooth
* easily sync albums, songs, playlists with MC
* storage up to 528GB

I‘m eyeing the FiiO models (the M7 is only $100). Any reason I should avoid them? Any others work just as well?

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
Re: Portable player rec
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 12:54:10 am »

The m7 is very good. I have one that I use for hours every day.
It is very easy to unlock the ability to side load apps with just the tap of a button.
Then you can enable WiFi to download podcasts, and you can side load Poweramp so it will connect to DAC. I use mine with 500gb SD card that I sync with MC. I don't think playlists are as straight forward as apple stuff. You can search the forum as it has been discussed.

Denti

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 07:52:40 am »

Thanks for this. Have you tried it with a 1TB card? Despite FiiO saying this is possible I‘m not seeing any indication anywhere that anyone has actually successfully tried this.

Also, I read that there might be issues with track order of albums if the track no. isn‘t in the title. Is this the case?

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 11:12:20 am »

I haven't tried 1TB card. The price needs cut in half before I upgrade.

I don't think you will have issues with track order, the fiio software is pretty mature now. I don't like the fiio music app so I don't actually use it.
I have used foobar on my fiio DAPs for at least 5 years now and i really like it. Recently I started using Poweramp instead and it is fine. I switched because foobar won't output to external DACs. It really isn't difficult to add most apps, but keep in mind you can't add any app you like. Some payed apps can't be installed and licensed without the play store. If there is an app that deals with your playlists well so can likely install it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up