INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date misinterpretation during import  (Read 1340 times)

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen
Date misinterpretation during import
« on: June 04, 2021, 01:41:09 pm »

I'm currently evaluating JRiver on a MacBook, to organize photos and videos. During import for the test I encountered an odd phenomenon...

I'll be using ISO date format (yyyy-MM-dd), to avoid confusion, and limit my example to two files.

One file is from 2021-02-12, and the other from 2021-02-13. If I import these files in Windows 10 (21H1 64-bit), all is good (also in Debian Buster, but I don't have screenshots). However, if I import in macOS (11.4), the first file's date is recognized as 2021-12-02 (instead of 2021-02-12) within JRiver, while the second is correctly identified as 2021-02-13.

I checked the file properties, and both Windows and macOS agree on the correct date interpretation. This happened for all files where the day's number is low enough to potentially be a month. However, if that's not the case (day # > 12), the date is read correctly.

I have switched JRiver from English to German (as the macOS installation is German too, and date formats are part of the regional settings), but no change.

The files for my test are on a server, and accessed via SMB shares (read only). Therefore, both JRiver instances in this test accessed the very same files.
END OF LINE.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Date misinterpretation during import
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 10:25:50 am »

Sent you a PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up