INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to drag & drop playlist songs from iTunes?  (Read 1488 times)

Wilderness

• Recent member
What happened to drag & drop playlist songs from iTunes?
« on: June 12, 2021, 03:21:22 am »

I noticed recently that in JRiver 26, my usual method of selecting all 9,000 songs in my playlist in iTunes and then dragging all of them to an empty playlist in JRiver resulted in a problem.  The problem is that songs recently purchased in iTunes are missing in JRiver. 

I have been using this drag and drop method for many years and it always worked perfectly in just a few seconds, but now there is this problem.  This problem started after I updated my iMac's OS to Big Sur from Mojave a few weeks ago. 

I do not use Apple Music's streaming service, and I have never used it.  All of my music is purchased as downloads.

I updated JRiver to 27.0.87, but the missing songs problem is still there if I use my drag and drop routine.

I noticed that in iTunes if I Select the Playlist icon then File > Library > Export Playlist and then File > Import Playlist in JRiver I get all 9,000 of the songs, including recent purchases, and so the problem of missing songs is solved.  But then the column spacing is way off in JRiver and some of the headings (Genre, Bitrate, etc.) in it are replaced with "..."  And another problem with this procedure is that artwork is missing from recently purchased songs.

Is drag and drop of an entire playlist's songs from iTunes into JRiver no longer a reliable option? Can this option be brought back?

Is there a way to import an iTunes playlist into JRiver and preserve the column spacing and headings?  It takes a long time for me get the column spacing and headings the way I want them to be arranged and I don't want to have to redo them every time I update my playlist.

Thank you.

Wilderness

• Recent member
Re: What happened to drag & drop playlist songs from iTunes?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 05:34:31 am »

Okay.  I tried again with the procedure:

1) In iTunes, select the Playlist icon then File > Library > Export Playlist.

2) In JRiver, File > Import Playlist.

Everything worked correctly.  All songs imported with the artwork.  The columns and headings are all correct.

Not sure what I did wrong earlier.

I wish the drag and drop method still worked, but this other procedure is simple enough and it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up