INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback Speed Increases When Adobe Audition is Opened  (Read 1547 times)

WMarkT

• Recent member
Playback Speed Increases When Adobe Audition is Opened
« on: June 18, 2021, 07:05:58 am »

When I'm playing music with MC27 and open Adobe Audition, the speed (and pitch) of the music immediately increases. If Audition is open before I play music in MC27, all is well; the issue only arises when AA starts up while MC27 is already running. I've tried various settings in MC27, and the sample rate in AA has no effect, 44.1 or 48, but I can't find the culprit.

Any ideas?

WMarkT

• Recent member
Re: Playback Speed Increases When Adobe Audition is Opened
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 03:35:06 pm »

Okay, this post has been resting comfortably without a response, but I just found a solution to my problem. Simple, I must say, but aren't they usually?

I searched the forum for anything about playback speed and saw that several people had MP3 issues, so I had this great idea to try a .wav file. It played with no problem, so I could kinda tell from that the issue was particular to MP3. So I went plundering through MC26's settings, stumbled across Tools>Options>Encoding>Audio: File Conversion, and saw that this was set for Apple Lossless Audio Codec. I changed this setting to MP3 Encoder, and problem solved. Playback remains normal when I open either Adobe Audition or Logic Pro X. This is good to know.

Better late than never.
Pages: [1]   Go Up