INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert format not working  (Read 1558 times)

Gary2021

Convert format not working
« on: June 19, 2021, 07:00:45 am »

Hi,

I want to convert DSD 11.2 / DXD files to Flac so that they can be played on more devices. So I followed the steps (seem easy) to convert. But the convert progress bar began and finished in a second. Then I find in the conversion destination folder there are the "converted" files, which are "0 KB". The conversion does not happen at all.

I tried to find answer in the JRiver Wiki, but it does not solve my problem. Is it because I need to download some plugins? I use the originally downloaded version of MC27 without installing any plugin. If so, do you know where to download these?

I use a MacBook Air 2020 with TEAC UD-505 DAC via a USB Type-C/B cable.

Thank you!
Gary

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Convert format not working
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 08:40:01 am »

I don't know that you can convert DXD files in MC.
DSF and DFF for sure you can.
For some formats, the converter requires a plugin which MC will download automatically IF YOU HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION when you try the conversion.
If unsuccessful, it will retry downloading the plugin on every conversion attempt.
Try a simple conversion say from flac to wav to see if there are permissions issues with the destination.
This do not require a plugin.

Gary2021

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 10:03:21 am »

Thank you for quick reply.

Yes, I was trying to convert DSF files to FLAC, still same problem (finish super quickly, feeling no conversion is actually done at all); but I managed to convert FLAC to WAV without any issue (the progress bar did take some time to do the hard work, and then the converted file is playable). Also, DSF files convert to WAV okay. So seems it does not work for DSF to FLAC only, which is exactly something I want to do. No downloading plug-in has been observed.

I don't know that you can convert DXD files in MC.
DSF and DFF for sure you can.
For some formats, the converter requires a plugin which MC will download automatically IF YOU HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION when you try the conversion.
If unsuccessful, it will retry downloading the plugin on every conversion attempt.
Try a simple conversion say from flac to wav to see if there are permissions issues with the destination.
This do not require a plugin.

stefano_mbp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 02:15:10 pm »

If you don’t find a solution try this https://www.sonore.us/dsd2flac.html
it works fine (only macOS and/or Linux )

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 02:53:24 pm »

Thank you for quick reply.

Yes, I was trying to convert DSF files to FLAC, still same problem (finish super quickly, feeling no conversion is actually done at all); but I managed to convert FLAC to WAV without any issue (the progress bar did take some time to do the hard work, and then the converted file is playable). Also, DSF files convert to WAV okay. So seems it does not work for DSF to FLAC only, which is exactly something I want to do. No downloading plug-in has been observed.
That's quite odd, if you can convert DSF to WAV then the flac conversion should be fine.
It's just a standard DSD128 DSF file? Are you doing any DSP studio on that conversion?
Does the wav file convert to flac??
Pages: [1]   Go Up