INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import existing profile?  (Read 1162 times)

Belarathon

• World Citizen
Import existing profile?
« on: June 20, 2021, 12:54:07 pm »

Hello, and congratulations on your new milestone!

I upgraded from the AUR, which seems to have effectively deleted the MC27 install and left MC28 in its place. I started the new install, which had a clean profile.  It seems the new install backed up my old data:  The home/user/.jriver folder now had subdirectories of MC27 and MC28.   I tried restoring my old library and settings from a backup, but the clean profile remained.  Then I emptied the subdirectory of MC28 in home/.jriver and replaced the contents with that of of MC27, and my library and settings are back.  Everything seems to be in order now. 

Are you recommending starting a new profile?

Edit:

I just realized that when I went to import my old library and settings backup, the restore wizard had defaulted to /home/user/Documents/JRiver/Media Center 28, rather than /home/user/Documents/JRiver/Media Center 27.  So in effect, I restored what was essentially a backup of a new, default profile from MC28.  I needed to navigate to the Media Center 27 backup folder, which I just now did and was able to restore my library in the correct manner.
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import existing profile?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 09:12:05 am »

Your edit used the recommended method, restoring a MC27 backup library and including the settings checkbox.
Pages: [1]   Go Up