INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View mouse & streaming discussion (from: Netflix in Theater View)  (Read 1116 times)

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Mouse in Theatre View might be not such a bad idea ... those air mouse that function as remote are great

LG TVs with remotes that function as airmouse work great too
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

marko

• MC Beta Team

LG TVs with remotes that function as airmouse work great too
We have one of those... and hate it with a passion. That bloody big pink cursor, nightmare to control. Caused much stress and swearing all around, remote is now in the back of a drawer somewhere!

Hendrik

• Administrator

If you are already happy using a mouse, I suppose we can also offer a setting to skip trying to augment it for remote control/keyboard usage, and you just get a fullscreen view with hopefully working "back" logic. But that would be for later.
I've never found a mouse control that really works when just relaxing on the sofa.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

datdude

• MC Beta Team

Roku removes YouTube:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/30/22411711/roku-removes-youtube-tv-channel-store

All the more reason for JRiver to integrate streaming via the Web browser.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

tij

• MC Beta Team

We have one of those... and hate it with a passion. That bloody big pink cursor, nightmare to control. Caused much stress and swearing all around, remote is now in the back of a drawer somewhere!

Really? ... i found it great ... took some time to adjust

It function like any air mouse ... by detecting tilts? ... gyriscope?

Ppl assume the cursor will appear where they point ... which is logical but not always the case with air mouse (especially when first picking it up) ... it has no camera so has no idea where its pointing ... i guess thats the frustration

BUT ... it takes a seconds to adjust so that where you point is where cursor will be

Say you point at tv and cursor is to the right of where you pointing ... just point your remote to the right until cursor hit right edge of screen ... keep pointing to the right until your remote is pointing at edge of right screen (cursor will keep staying on right edge as it has nowhere else to go) at this point your remote is aligned with cursor ... and ready to be used (do this for up/down if necessary)

Once its aligned it will stay aligned until you put it down or make large movements (then take a second to realigned it)

Greatest advantage of airmouse ... is when typying on onscreen keyboard ... much faster than up/down/right/left
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up