INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: customize View & getting cover-art for conductor and others  (Read 785 times)

henning65

• Junior Woodchuck

Good afternoon

I would like to suggest a feature to add support for artwork for additional artists, especially conductors.

As far as I understand - for now (posted by wer, 9.3.2021):
For Audio, MC supports art for the Album, Artist, and also Composer.
Art is also supported for Series and Season.
But Conductor is not supported.

The goal:
Showing "special artists" like conductors (classical music) or soloists (classical music) or vocal performers (audiobooks) with art / thumbnails. I would like to sort audiobooks by authors or narrators. I would like to sort classical music not only by composer but by conductor or soloist. Such kind of organizing data is well supported by JRiver - which is nice.
For artists and composers there is also an option to enhance the procedure by using specific art work: Details are explained here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art
I do believe this kind of sorting enhances the usage of my files as I get a different perspective towards my files. It becomes more obvious if I somehow have preferences I didn't realize till now (like always a certain conductor). Which makes it easier to perform an informed decision for my next album to buy....
I believe being able to generate customized views, which includes the portraits of conductors and other artists would be of value for all users.

Problem:
Showing art for [conductor] and [PERFORMER] (custom library multi value field) fails.

Example
I created Costomized Views to take advantage of the new sorting options:
Audio / Classic:  "View as Categories" with "Show Categories in this order": Composer / Album
==> It works! Now pictures from the folder "Composers" are used to illustrate

Audio / Classic-Conductor: "View as Categories" with "show Categories in the order: Conductor / Album
==>> It doesn't work: names of the conductors are illustrated with pictures from album art ---->>> which is obviously wrong (the library field "conductor" is a created field)

Audiobook / Author:  "View as Categories" with "show Categories in the order: author / album"
==>> It doesn't work (library field "author" is a created field)

Audiobook / Narrator:  "View as Categories" with "show Categories in the order: PERFORMER / Album
==>> it doesn't work (library field PERFORMER is a crated field

Feature (with a suggestion for a way forward)
As you can see I try to enhance the options to sort and organize my library. The artwork is used to illustrate this. The pictures are more like the pictures in the folder "Artists" or in the folder "Composer".
Suggestion: If JRiver would handle views like the composer-view also for other fields - that would probably do the job. Like:
IF JRiver would always look for a folder of the same name ABCDEF as which is listed in the Costume view under "View As "Categories", "show Categories in the Order". Which means - Users can use existing fields and use them in customize views BUT can also use newly created fields (like ABCDEF). As long as the customized view uses the "View as Categories" and as long as the field is the first in the list "show Categories in this Order", the image stored in the folder ABCDEF is used.

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up